Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Remote control using iPhone, iPad or Android devoce

Helpful advice for getting the most out of Chameleon MediaCenter
Teddyboy

Remote control using iPhone, iPad or Android devoce

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:39 pm

I stumbled across this neat little app. They have templates you can use for just about any application through WiFi, Bluetooth, and IR. They already have a lot of profiles including MPC-HC, Netflix, chrome, iTunes, VLC and much more. They Even provide HTPC profile templates too! I haven’t had a chance to set it up yet. It’s not expensive at all. Normally $9.95 on special for $3.99

http://www.vectir.com/
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: Remote control using iPhone, iPad or Android devoce

Post by Pauven » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:55 pm

Interesting.

Let me know when you've created the custom template for CMC!
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Re: Remote control using iPhone, iPad or Android devoce

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Paul that’s my plan. My wish is to be able to use it for cmc and go back and forth between players. Once I get past my computer issues I’ll have time to play with it.

Jriver has a pretty extensive list of Keyboard Hot-Keys that can be used for this new remote. I'm pretty intrigued by this software. If I can get most of my other stuff (network upgrade) done, I'm going to try it out this weekend.

MPC-BE does too. I'll try to find a listing of all of them and post them here.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium