Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Movies 5.25 pre-release 5

Helpful advice for getting the most out of Chameleon MediaCenter
Jamie

Movies 5.25 pre-release 5

Post by Jamie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:20 am

This version fixes a major bug with disc ids misreporting. This is especially important for those who use the fox.

https://www.mymovies.dk/download/windows.aspx

Jamie

Re: Movies 5.25 pre-release 5

Post by Jamie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Just an FYI. If you use the fox you need their latest beta too.

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 am

I've always made sure that foxy was disabled when reading Disc ID's (primarily just for TV Series/Episodes), as my understanding is that the ID was changed by the intermediary software.

Is the change to My Movies just a decryptor detector? Or does it include an ID reading bug fix too?

And what was changed on foxy? Was there an ID reading bug that they fixed?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:45 am

I see that there are issues in PR5 too: https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=45487

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:58 am

Basically, in a conversation between Binnerup and James on the foxy forum, James agreed to place the disc id in the disc.inf file in the ripped discs folder. MM then looks at it there. I believe that this is only necessary for Bluray discs. I do not know if it applies to uhd discs.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:27 pm

If I'm not mistaken, when you mount an ISO using Virtual CloneDrive, the Disc ID is either wrong or missing. Seems like it would be a nice enhancement if VCD could read the Disc ID from the disc.inf file, and present that ID to better simulate having the original disk inserted.

Of course, there's no way I'm going to re-rip nearly 2000k discs with a new foxy version just to get Disc ID's...

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:48 pm

I think the problem cropped up in MM since the MS windows 10 spring update. People ripping blurays have been getting different disc ids when ripping with foxy on or off. Really screwed up the submission of new discs. I guess Brian has to now accommodate situations where foxy is installed but not running or when foxy can't read the discs.