Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

mymovies 5.25 full release

Helpful advice for getting the most out of Chameleon MediaCenter
Jamie

mymovies 5.25 full release

Post by Jamie » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:49 pm

I guess Brian and mymovies is done with the pre-releases. It now looks like the5.25 full release is now available.
image.png
image.png (269.19 KiB) Viewed 7462 times

Jamie

Re: mymovies 5.25 full release

Post by Jamie » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Has anyone updated to the 5.25 full release with no issues? I see a number of issues cropping up on the mymovies forum. I am hesitating on whether to upgrade to this release until the MM folks get some resolution on these matters. I am wondering whether any CMC folks have attempted the MM upgrade to 5.25?

Pauven

Re: mymovies 5.25 full release

Post by Pauven » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:34 pm

I'm still on 5.24. Haven't touched any of the 5.25 release candidates or final.

This post caught my eye: https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=45542

If I read that correctly, he installed 5.25 from scratch on a new build. I thought that wasn't working, but perhaps there are machine specific issues.

There also seemed to be an issue where web service calls from 5.25 were being blocked, a side effect of them turning off support for older v4 clients, and they've since resolved that.

And another user who was experiencing issues after a few days said the issues went away with a reboot.

At this point, I'm still undecided if 5.25 is okay to try. Since I'll be installing on a new PC anyway, perhaps I will go ahead and try to install it, then restore the DB from my old PC if it works. If it doesn't work, then at least I still have my old PC running 5.24.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter