Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and Neon will be releasing Todd Douglas Miller’s acclaimed large format documentary, Apollo 11, on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital on May 14th.
From the studio’s press release:
“Crafted from a newly discovered trove of 65mm footage, and more than 11,000 hours of uncatalogued audio recordings, Apollo 11 takes us straight to the heart of NASA’s most celebrated mission—the one that first put men on the moon, and forever made Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin into household names. Immersed in the perspectives of the astronauts, the team in Mission Control, and the millions of spectators on the ground, we vividly experience those momentous days and hours in 1969 when humankind took a giant leap into the future ”
All three versions will include a pair of extras: The Apollo 11: Discovering the 65 mm featurette and the film’s theatrical trailer. The aspect ratio is the correct 2.20:1 as seen in theaters and the audio will be Dolby Digital 5.1. There are currently no plans for Universal to release the film in physical 4K Ultra HD. (I would suggest, however, that if sales of the Blu-ray are strong, that could change in the future.)
Here is a link to all the info on this film.
Decorum for the Forum:
- Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
- No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
- No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
- No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
- No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.
Sales happen. And when they do, we'll post about them here. Noteworthy new releases too. And if you find the deal first, post it here so we all can benefit.
1 post • Page 1 of 1