Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Marvel's Infinity Saga Box Set (23 Movies)

Sales happen. And when they do, we'll post about them here. Noteworthy new releases too. And if you find the deal first, post it here so we all can benefit.
Pauven

Marvel's Infinity Saga Box Set (23 Movies)

Post by Pauven » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:30 pm

I love movies based upon comics, and I have 20 of the 23 films Marvel has produced in their Phase 1/2/3 series, all on Blu-ray. The only 3 movies I am missing are the latest 3, Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, and Spiderman: Far From Home.

Recently I read that now all Marvel Studios films are available in 4K, and it had me thinking about upgrading. But most Marvel movies are really popular and command a price premium over 'regular' films, especially in 4K. I normally buy Blu-ray below $15, and 4K below $20, unless it is a film I really love. So I just priced up all 23 Marvel films on 4K, and it came to a staggering $601. That's $26 per movie, ouch.

But the news out today is that Marvel's The Infinity Saga Collector's Edition, with all 23 films in 4K, is due out this November 15: https://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-infinity-saga-box-set/

image.png
image.png (954.95 KiB) Viewed 8259 times

The price is a still scary $550, but that brings the cost per movie down to $24 while at the same time bundling everything up in a nice box set with some exclusive bonus content. The box set is a numbered, limited edition - but there's no word yet on just how limited that will be. The previous limited editions have held their value well, so there's a chance this could even go up in value (no promises). Too bad it doesn't come in a super awesome collector's box like Phase 1 did:

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic ... B0083SBMGW

In case you're wondering what films are in this collection, here ya go:
  1. Iron Man (2008)
  2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
  4. Thor (2011)
  5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  6. Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
  7. Iron Man 3 (2013)
  8. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  12. Ant-Man (2015)
  13. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  14. Doctor Strange (2016)
  15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  16. Spiderman: Homecoming (2017)
  17. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  18. Black Panther (2018)
  19. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  20. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
  21. Captain Marvel (2019)
  22. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  23. Spiderman: Far From Home (2019)
At least I know what I want for my birthday...

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Re: Marvel's Infinity Saga Box Set (23 Movies)

Post by Jamie » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:13 pm

Sounds like a good set. The price is out of my league and I have all the titles on Bluray. I just can't justify buying a whole new set of discs just to upgrade to 4k. Seeing these movies in HDR is probably pretty satisfying though.

Jamie

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:43 pm

I just read that this disc set will be a Best Buy exclusive. There is some talk that an international version might be sold later, but USA, Canada, people should be aware that Best Buy may be the only place that Americans can purchase it. This is probably true for Canada too. Not just USA. We're all region A I think.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:33 am

I've read this too.

I really wish they would post more details about the films in the collection. For example, which ones include HDR+, which include Dolby Vision, which include both? Do I assume that they are the same as the currently released individual films, or has anything been changed for the box set? Also, there's no mention of digital copies being included, which at this price point is a must have inclusion.

It also stresses me a bit that this is a numbered, limited edition that is already open to pre-order. If I sit on the fence waiting for the details above, they could sell out before I place an order. But if I pre-order now, it might be that the set misses some features I demand like the digital copies, and then I might be stuck with a very expensive box set I don't want. Shame on them for handling the release this way.

I guess I could go ahead and pre-order it, and if it isn't what I'm looking for then I could sell it unopened, possibly after waiting a while in the hopes of it increasing in value. Some of those Phase I/II sets are worth more now then they sold for originally. Though I've never been lucky in buying anything that appreciates in value.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter