Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Lot of ideas for future versions] Limiting export to some shares

How-To and general support for the CMC Metadata Exporter (CME) which exports My Movies data via the My Movies API.
Manni

Re: Limiting export to some shares

Post by Manni » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:49 pm

The red/green MCE remote button now works fine after an administrator session, thanks.

Sending "Red Button" with iRule through MCE Controller doesn't work, but sending "Close MCE" works fine, so I've replaced the stop button comman d with that for now, it does exit jRiver cleanly (same as ALT-4).

I've also posted a question in the jRiver forum about better support of the stop button with a universal remote that doesn't have red/green/blue buttons: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index. ... 900.0.html

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Manni wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:49 pm The red/green MCE remote button now works fine after an administrator session, thanks.

Sending "Red Button" with iRule through MCE Controller doesn't work, but sending "Close MCE" works fine, so I've replaced the stop button comman d with that for now, it does exit jRiver cleanly (same as ALT-4).

I've also posted a question in the jRiver forum about better support of the stop button with a universal remote that doesn't have red/green/blue buttons: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index. ... 900.0.html

I don't recall what Windows version you are running.

On Windows 10, you can re-program all WMC related media buttons (like Recorded TV) to do whatever you want.

On Windows 7 (and presumably 8.1), these buttons are reserved for WMC, and you cannot reprogram them.

I don't know what happens on Win10 if you install WMC, but I think it's possible that this might prevent the reprogramming of these WMC media buttons.

Basically, if you are on Win10, and don't have WMC installed, you can successfully reprogram other common buttons on the remote to be used for launching CMC (i.e. The Big Green Button, My TV, My Videos, My Music), or sending the Alt-F4 combo (i.e. Record). This is handy if you have a remote that doesn't have the 4 colored buttons.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Post by Manni » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Pauven wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:09 pm I don't recall what Windows version you are running.

On Windows 10, you can re-program all WMC related media buttons (like Recorded TV) to do whatever you want.

On Windows 7 (and presumably 8.1), these buttons are reserved for WMC, and you cannot reprogram them.

I don't know what happens on Win10 if you install WMC, but I think it's possible that this might prevent the reprogramming of these WMC media buttons.

Basically, if you are on Win10, and don't have WMC installed, you can successfully reprogram other common buttons on the remote to be used for launching CMC (i.e. The Big Green Button, My TV, My Videos, My Music), or sending the Alt-F4 combo (i.e. Record). This is handy if you have a remote that doesn't have the 4 colored buttons.
I use Windows 10, and I have MCE installed (until I can get rid of it, which isn't the case yet).

I was only reporting that you were correct and that programming the red/green button work fine if you do it as an admin.

I don't use the MCE remote (it does have all the colored button). I use my Denon Universal remote, which emulates an MCE remote, but doesn't have any colored or special MCE buttons.

Don't worry about this, hopefully we'll get somewhere in the jRiver thread.

I also use iRule and I've programmed the stop button to send MCE Close, which closes jRiver fine (same as F4).

I am asked in the jRiver thread which command is used to launch playback from CMC. Can you please let me know, or jump in so that you can reply technical questions directly?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:25 pm

Manni wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:19 pm I am asked in the jRiver thread which command is used to launch playback from CMC. Can you please let me know, or jump in so that you can reply technical questions directly?

If you enable Debug Logging, then when you play anything from CMC it will generate a PlayClick Debug Log file in the Logs directory. That will show you exactly the command that was generated for JRiver.

Manni

Post by Manni » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Pauven wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:25 pm
Manni wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:19 pm I am asked in the jRiver thread which command is used to launch playback from CMC. Can you please let me know, or jump in so that you can reply technical questions directly?

If you enable Debug Logging, then when you play anything from CMC it will generate a PlayClick Debug Log file in the Logs directory. That will show you exactly the command that was generated for JRiver.
Thanks.

I have resolved the issue though :)

I've programmed my Denon remote to send RED (learnt from the MCE remote) instead of stop, and GREEN (also learnt from the MCE remote) instead of setup. So I can now start CMC with the SETUP button and exit jRiver (or CMC) with the STOP button.

As far as I'm concerned, we can close that one :)

I'm not closing the jRiver thread because I'd like to know if there is a solution that would work for users with a less flexible remote.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Pauven wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:10 am
Manni wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:49 am Regarding scanning offline shares, smart sync hangs on the offline shares for 10-15 secs, but doesn't delete the offline titles. I've disabled the auto sync on startup, so I'll only do a sync manually when needed, unless you can find a way to skip offline shares faster.

Wow, that's actually worlds better than I anticipated. I was expecting full-blow errors and the sync to abort. I'll poke around the code to see if I can find a way to prevent the delay. I think it might be related to a function I added for Jamie that identifies when a share is inaccessible, and attempts to wake it up before proceeding...

Just wanted to let you know I took a look at this, and didn't see any obvious culprits.

If you're up for it, you can do some testing for me. Enable 'Performance Logging', then run a sync, and then send me the Performance Logs that were created. That just might capture where in the sync the delay is occurring.

Manni

Post by Manni » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:05 pm

Pauven wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:58 pm
Pauven wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:10 am
Manni wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:49 am Regarding scanning offline shares, smart sync hangs on the offline shares for 10-15 secs, but doesn't delete the offline titles. I've disabled the auto sync on startup, so I'll only do a sync manually when needed, unless you can find a way to skip offline shares faster.

Wow, that's actually worlds better than I anticipated. I was expecting full-blow errors and the sync to abort. I'll poke around the code to see if I can find a way to prevent the delay. I think it might be related to a function I added for Jamie that identifies when a share is inaccessible, and attempts to wake it up before proceeding...

Just wanted to let you know I took a look at this, and didn't see any obvious culprits.

If you're up for it, you can do some testing for me. Enable 'Performance Logging', then run a sync, and then send me the Performance Logs that were created. That just might capture where in the sync the delay is occurring.
Sure, I’ll do this later today.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:15 pm

Just a heads up, I moved the entire discussion on the TV Series export bug with Export Folder Restrictions to the Prerelease Testing forum.

Also, I would appreciate if new discussions, especially bug reports, are placed inside a new thread. I use the forum to track progress on fixing issues, and when too much gets into a single thread, it because very difficult for me to track through to resolution.

Thanks.

Manni

Post by Manni » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 pm

ok will do

Manni

Post by Manni » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Pauven wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:58 pm Just wanted to let you know I took a look at this, and didn't see any obvious culprits.

Here is a performance log, which confirms that the delay is with the offline shares. The server powered off is TS809, each of the shares hangs for around 40 secs before giving up:

Performance Log Generated 01/06/2019 23:23:17 with CMC v2.2.2019.0013
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Scanning All Monitored Folders to Build Directory List:
* Scanned 0003 Directories in 0.2890 seconds for path "\\TS859\BD Movies DL\"
* Scanned 0001 Directories in 0.2851 seconds for path "\\DS2411\BD Movies DL DX\"
* Scanned 0005 Directories in 0.3822 seconds for path "\\DS2411\3D MKV Movies DL DX\"
* Scanned 0011 Directories in 0.5571 seconds for path "\\TS859\4K UHD BD TV Series DL\"
* Scanned 0015 Directories in 0.6432 seconds for path "\\TS859\4K UHD BD TV Series\"
* Scanned 0044 Directories in 1.5848 seconds for path "\\DS2411\3D BD Movies DX\"
* Scanned 0077 Directories in 2.3676 seconds for path "\\TS859\DVD Movies\"
* Scanned 0120 Directories in 3.6288 seconds for path "\\TS859\HD Movies\"
* Scanned 0148 Directories in 4.0204 seconds for path "\\TS859\DVD Movies DL\"
* Scanned 0123 Directories in 4.5510 seconds for path "\\TS859\4K UHD BD Movies DL\"
* Scanned 0204 Directories in 5.2311 seconds for path "\\TS859\4K UHD BD Movies\"
* Scanned 0284 Directories in 6.1658 seconds for path "\\DS2411\BD Movies DX\"
* Scanned 0297 Directories in 7.0015 seconds for path "\\DS2411\3D BD Movies DL DX\"
* Scanned 0392 Directories in 7.9189 seconds for path "\\TS859\TV Series\"
* Scanned 1058 Directories in 18.1959 seconds for path "\\DS2411\BD Movies DL\"
* Scanned 0001 Directories in 38.3013 seconds for path "\\TS809\BD Movies DL MO\"
* Scanned 0001 Directories in 40.5545 seconds for path "\\TS809\BD Movies DL\"

[40.8884] Completed Scanning 2784 Directories.

[40.8955] Loaded Previous Smart Sync Directory Snapshot "CMC_SmartSync.bin" in 0.0070 seconds.

[40.8989] Saved New Smart Sync Directory Snapshot "CMC_SmartSync.bin" in 0.0029 seconds.

[43.2896] Completed Comparing 2784 Directories in 2.3906 seconds.

[43.2898] Completed Removing 917 Old Discs/Titles in 0.0002 seconds.

[43.2903] Completed Adding/Updating 0 New Discs/Titles in 0.0005 seconds.

[43.2904] Completed Sorting 905 Discs for Multi-Disc Titles in 0.0001 seconds.

[43.3030] Saved Local Database in 0.0001 seconds.

[43.5826] Updated Local Artwork Cache in 0.2796 seconds.

END OF PERFORMANCE LOG