Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v1.0.2019.0630] Error message in CME

How-To and general support for the CMC Metadata Exporter (CME) which exports My Movies data via the My Movies API.
Chefpj

[Fixed in v1.0.2019.0630] Error message in CME

Post by Chefpj » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:40 pm

I am getting alot of errors in T.V. Series titles
Example:[ERROR] The File Path is not accessible: \\carport2\Cinema\Star Trek, Enterprise (2001) [Sci-Fi]\Season 3\Enterprise S3 D5\Star Trek:
The thing is the path is accessible. MyMovies sees it and I can access and play movies from that folder. As a test I shorten the directory name and took out the special characters but got the same results.
I am also getting a few of these Errors
EOleException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
EFCreateError: Cannot create file "\\carport2\cinema\What's New Scooby-Doo_ (2002) [Animation]\Season 2\E01-E07\What's New Scooby-Doo?.poster.jpg". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
EFCreateError: Cannot create file "\\carport2\cinema\What's New Scooby-Doo_ (2002) [Animation]\Season 2\E01-E07\What's New Scooby-Doo?.banner.jpg". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
EFCreateError: Cannot create file "\\carport2\cinema\What's New Scooby-Doo_ (2002) [Animation]\Season 2\E01-E07\What's New Scooby-Doo?.backdrop.jpg". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
EFCreateError: Cannot create file "\\carport2\Cinema\What's New Scooby-Doo_ (2002) [Animation]\Season 2\E08-E13\What's New Scooby-Doo?.Season00.poster.jpg". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Any Ideas as to what's going on? This seems to only happen with T.V. Series

Pauven

Re: Error message in CME

Post by Pauven » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:02 pm

Reserved characters is the problem.

CME use the TV Series name as part of the filenames for TV Series.

For your Star Trek: Enterprise, the colon (:) is not allowed as part of a filename. And for What's New Scooby-Doo?, the question mark (?) is the illegal character.

I don't know why this didn't come up in testing, I suppose no one had any reserved characters in their TV Series names. Regardless, this is a bug in CME.

I'll have to make some changes to CME to filter out reserved characters.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 pm

Thanks for the response but I think it might be bigger issue. I change the directory for one of the titles that error-ed out. I took all the reserve characters out and it still error-ed. I will try a few more titles to see if that makes a difference

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:29 pm

just tried another one Kolchack: the night stalker I removed the semi colon in my movies I then removed it from the directory name and checked all sub directories. but when I use CME and run an export on just that directory it still has the semi colon in the title which errors out

Below are any Errors that occurred during the Export that began at 6/26/2019 4:23:43 PM
*****************************************************************************************

[ERROR] The File Path is not accessible: \\CARPORT2\fox\Kolchak The Night Stalker\Season 1\E01-E04\Kolchak: is the hyphen in the not allowed?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:33 pm

That's not how CME works. CME gets the name from the My Movies database, not the directory.

For example, let's pretend you put Star Trek: Enterprise in directory \\carport2\cinema\STE\. CME get's that directory from the My Movies API, along with the actual show's name, Star Trek: Enterprise. CME will then attempt to create several files, including "\\carport2\cinema\STE\Star Trek: Enterprise.Season01.poster.jpg", for example. That will fail, because the colon is not allowed as a filename, which CME is trying to do.

You can name the directory anything you want - the directory name is not the problem. The problem is that CME is creating file names based upon the show name - the real show name from the My Movies database, which has nothing to do with your directory name.

It just never occurred to me that some show names would have reserved characters in the name, so it was my mistake to use the show name as a file name without running it through a filter to remove reserved characters.

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:34 pm

That's what I wanted to find out. where CME was getting to the info for the names. I had changed the names in MyMovies to remove the colons but, it seems that my movies has another place where it store tile names that I cannot change. Thanks for your explanation. Now I understand.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:39 am

I added 'Star Trek: Enterprise' to my collection, and was able to reproduce the issue. I then added a function to CME to remove the reserved characters from the TV Series name and applied that to the filenames, and that resolved the issue.

This fix will be in CME v1.0.2019.0627, which will be in the next CMC update (available soon).

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:19 am

Paul you are working to hard 3:28 in the morning. get some sleep and take care of your self

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:26 am

I'm not sure where you think I'm located. Here in the Eastern US, it is 11:25 am when I post this. Perhaps you need to change your forum user account's timezone?

I'm definitely sleeping at night, but thanks for the concern!

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:32 pm

I am on the west coast just south of San Francisco