Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[RESOLVED] CME Tells me that there are no episode disc mappings

How-To and general support for the CMC Metadata Exporter (CME) which exports My Movies data via the My Movies API.
Teddyboy

[RESOLVED] CME Tells me that there are no episode disc mappings

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:02 pm

I can't figure out what is wrong with these titles. When CME says something is wrong then there is something wrong with the title, and I'm able to fix it, but I can't figure out these titles. They all appear to have disc episode mappings in collection management for the discs listed in the sync error log. Can someone help me figure out what's wrong? I'm curating my collection, and I want everything to be 100% correct. Thanks!
Sync log is attached.
Attachments
CMC Sync Error Log.txt
(3.43 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Last edited by Teddyboy on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: CME Tells me that there are no episode disc mappings

Post by Pauven » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:09 am

One thing to know about those error messages is that CMC generates one per episode. That's why you see multiple per disc, it's actually one error per episode. So on Looney Tunes Vol 3 Disc 1, you have 2 bad episodes. There are 6 bad episodes on Disc 4.

Hopefully that insight will help you narrow down the problematic episodes.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:13 pm

Did my answer help any? Have you made any progress on figuring out this issue?

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:05 pm

I haven’t had a chance to take another look. Playing catch-up at work, plus I was to busy watching the dark crystal. :) I’ll take a look either tonight or over the weekend. Things seem to function okay for the most part.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:05 am

So how is the Dark Crystal?

I remember seeing the movie in theaters as a young kid, and I absolutely loved it.

Then years later in my late teens, I watched it again on TV. I was so shocked to realize that they were puppets, everything seemed so slow, and I didn't like it at all. I've never watched it again, though I think I might appreciate the puppetry more now that I've got some grey hair.

I will say that the trailer for the new series looks interesting.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:11 pm

I went into MMCM and looked at the mappings for Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 2 Discs 1, 2, 3, and 4. They had erroneous mappings that I removed from the disc episode mappings of each disc. Each error in the CMC sync log corresponded to one invalid episode mapping on the disc. Once I saved and ran CME and sync'd CMC the errors went away. Robotech Protoculture Collection had the same issue. All of it has been resolved. There are no more errors in any TV series or Movie. It appears that my collection is clean now. Once you update the software to look for chapter episodes then the rest of my TV series will import cleanly into CMC.

If you haven't already watched the Dark Crystal series on Netflix, You should. I enjoyed it, and it gave a lot of backstory that wasn't present in the movie.

Pauven

Re: [RESOLVED] CME Tells me that there are no episode disc mappings

Post by Pauven » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm glad to hear that each of the reported errors aligned with bad data in MMCM.

These types of errors reside in a middle, gray area. On the one hand, they could be ignored and only properly configured episodes in MMCM would show in CMC - this would be similar to the WMC approach where you were never notified of these types of issues.

On the other hand, you might be struggling to figure out why an episode wasn't showing, and this error might be the clue that helps you figure it out.

Obviously I lean towards the latter approach, but then that sometimes causes users like you to spend time correcting these data issues, even though ultimately nothing changes in the GUI except the error goes away.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:11 am

Teddyboy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:11 pm Once you update the software to look for chapter episodes then the rest of my TV series will import cleanly into CMC.
Hi Efrain, not sure if you've noticed but I released a beta version of CME v1.1. It includes support for exporting Chapter based Episodes. It is working on my Invader Zim DVD's, and the Episodes now display in CMC using the enhanced TV Series view.

Keep in mind that I've still got to update CMC to play Chapter based Episodes.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:11 am

Pauven wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:11 am
Hi Efrain, not sure if you've noticed but I released a beta version of CME v1.1. It includes support for exporting Chapter based Episodes. It is working on my Invader Zim DVD's, and the Episodes now display in CMC using the enhanced TV Series view.

Keep in mind that I've still got to update CMC to play Chapter based Episodes.
That’s great Paul. I’ll check it out over the weekend.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:26 am

Teddyboy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:11 am That’s great Paul. I’ll check it out over the weekend.

Heads-up, I just posted CME v1.1 Beta 2, in case you had already downloaded Beta 1. It's just a small fix to remove some testing code I had forgotten to remove.