Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] CME Can't write output files

How-To and general support for the CMC Metadata Exporter (CME) which exports My Movies data via the My Movies API.
dvoncannon

[Resolved] CME Can't write output files

Post by dvoncannon » Sun May 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Hello new user and first time poster. As others have noted, I too am a long time user of MyMovies and WMC. Now its time to move on.
I have a new installation of CMC and CME. I read the tutorials and ran multiple test exports fixing the errors that came up. I am now ready for the real export. When I start the export the program begins normally and tries to write the metadata files to the NAS when the movies or TV episodes are stored. It then displays an error when saving the metadata files like this:

Disc "Disc 1" Type="1" LocationA=smb://DISKSTATION-8/Movies/Men In Black/MEN_IN_BLACK
SAVING: \\DISKSTATION-8\Movies\Men In Black\MEN_IN_BLACK\mmTitle.xml
[ERROR] Could not save the file: \\DISKSTATION-8\Movies\Men In Black\MEN_IN_BLACK\mmTitle.xml

I have checked user permissions on the NAS, and tested the ability to create files and folders.

CME is being run as an administrator. The three NAS's are all Synology running the current version of DSM. The MyMovies server is a Windows 7 Pro X64 PC and the client is a new Intel NUC Core i7 running Windows 10 Pro X64.

The question is what else should I be looking at besides the permissions? Are there other CME settings besides those in the tutorial I should be investigating?

Thanks for your help.

Pauven

Re: CME Can't write output files

Post by Pauven » Sun May 10, 2020 8:54 pm

Welcome dvoncannon!

JusttJust make sure, you've tested the admin user's ability to create files on the NAS? Since you mentioned you are running CME as admin (which isn't a CME requirement), then it's the admin that must be able to create and modify files on the NAS.

Typically users just run CME as themselves, assuming they can write to the NAS.

I can't really think of anything else that could be a problem.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

dvoncannon

Re: CME Can't write output files

Post by dvoncannon » Mon May 11, 2020 2:52 pm

Thank you for the quick response. The problem was that the user was not actually logged into the NAS's. I had mapped the content folders to drive letters but the user running the export was not logged in so any attempt to access the folders failed. This problem is resolved.

Pauven

Re: [Resolved] CME Can't write output files

Post by Pauven » Mon May 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter