Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

CME fails with PCDATA error

How-To and general support for the CMC Metadata Exporter (CME) which exports My Movies data via the My Movies API.
Gilles2

CME fails with PCDATA error

Post by Gilles2 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:36 am

Hi Paul,
I had not tried CME yet and did it early today.
Unfortunately, CME fails with a error which would read "This operation can not be performed with this node type PCDATA" (I don't know if the translation is fully correct as my error message is in French.
Pressing OK on the error window (only option) gets back to the CME screen but export is frozen. No way to "Abort". Only option is to close the MCE window. Export Errors Log doesn't show anything specific related to the issue.
The error occurs about 20% through my collection, while working a Pink Panther cartoons box saving one of the Episode xml file.

Any idea ?

Pauven

Re: CME fails with PCDATA error

Post by Pauven » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:46 am

Hi Gilles,

FYI, I will be moving this post to the CME section of the forum, but not until after you read this message. Just wanted to let you know to look there when it disappears here.

The PCDATA error message is an indicator of corrupt My Movies data. The solution for other users, myself included, is to fix the bad title in My Movies.

You can read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=334

Please let me know how you make out.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Gilles2

Post by Gilles2 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:56 am

Hi Paul,
Thanks for quick reply. Sorry I didn't find the post in the forum myself. Thanks for pointing to it. I will try the steps proposed and will report back.

Thanks again,
Gilles

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:41 pm

I released CMC v3.4.2020.0603 with CME v1.5.2020.0603 today. This new version of CME has extra error handling around the episode export, which I think is where the PCDATA error is occurring.

I think the update will allow CME to continue without hanging when the PCDATA error occurs. Since the error isn't occurring on my system, I can't really test it.

If you can, please give it a try and let me know.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter