Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

What is Unraid and how to build an Unraid media server

Show off your HTPC builds, NAS Servers, and any other hardware. Great place to ask for hardware help too.
Pauven

Re: What is Unraid and how to build an Unraid media server

Post by Pauven » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:46 pm

I guess I don't understand how you've connected your flexraid to your unraid server.

120-125 MB/s is a common max speed seen on gigabit networks, so I jumped to the conclusion that were connecting over a network. Could also just be the limit of your old 3tb drives.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Litlgi74

Post by Litlgi74 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:47 pm

All of my drives, flexraid and unraid are in a 45 Bay jbod enclosure.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:09 pm

Jamie wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:37 pm I just realize the I keep saying that I used Windows Explorer when I meant windows file explorer. I just seem to jumble words in my head lately. Part of growing old I guess.

Jamie

I though you used the terms correctly. To me, Windows Explorer = Windows File Explorer, and neither could be confused as Windows Internet Explorer.

Is there something else that is a Windows Explorer other than File Explorer?

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:04 pm

A lot of people I've been around think that windows explorer is internet explorer. Leave it to MS to give to features similar names. I try to be precise but I guess I wasn't thinking as clearly as I would like to be.

Litlgi74

Post by Litlgi74 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:18 pm

Hello Gentlemen...

Files are still transferring nicely... every once and a while... I get a folder that is on two disks... and I have to move some files around via Krusader. No biggie.

My question today is... I have created multiple shares on the array... Bluray, DVD, TV_Shows, etc. As it turns out if I keep the shares this way... I will have to repopulate all of my movie data on my media players.... not cool.... this will take quite some time.

Is there a way for me to create one new share called "Media" in which to transfer/move the subfolders (shares already created) Bluray, DVD, TV_Shows, etc?

Thanks

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:34 pm

I've heard of something called unbalance. I never used it but I think it only works with files and folders and not shares.

Paul may know more

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:39 pm

I've heard of unbalance, but I'm not sure what it is - from recollection I think it is for something different.

My recommendation would be to use MC to move them, disk by disk. If you are doing a local move on a disk, it moves instantaneously, since it is more of a logical move and doesn't require any copying.

For example, go to /disk1/Bluray, and select everything and move to /disk1/Media. Repeat for /disk1/DVD, /disk1/TV_Shows, etc.

Then go to /disk2/Bluray, select everything and move to /disk2/Media. Repeat for DVD, TV_Shows, etc.

Repeat until you've hit all disks.

Probably will take you 15-20 minutes.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 am

Hey Jamie,

You've been using Unraid for over a year now, right? How's it been? Any regrets?

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:40 pm

It's been humming along. I haven't looked at the machine much the last 6 months. I just monitor the monthly jobs through email. the response is fast and I haven't had any pixelation or freezes while watching tv series or movies. I'm very happy.

The last few days one of my pcs has started to lose track of the my computers on the LAN. Unraid is the local master and I am unsure how to find a way to always show the computers. I thinking it is a MS windows 10 issue

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:53 pm

That's awesome. That's one of the great things about Unraid - you can forget about it for months at a time, and it just works.

I haven't experience that particular issue myself, but network browsing of PC's is something I almost never do, so perhaps I just haven't noticed.