Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Remote to control soundbar, Samsung TV and CMC

Show off your HTPC builds, NAS Servers, and any other hardware. Great place to ask for hardware help too.
dsteinschneider

Re: Remote to control soundbar, Samsung TV and CMC

Post by dsteinschneider » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:20 pm

The Inteset remote doesn't have a mic.

I had a little trouble with programming an the "all devices off" macro (it only sort of worked) and found a tip on their forum that explained why.

https://intesettech.com/index.php/forum ... l-devices/

Its old school compared to Logitech ones with color screens but it does work very well. I'm going to stick with it.
Last edited by dsteinschneider on Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Got a link to the tip?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:21 am

I added the link to the original post - I was thinking I should do that but I had cut and pasted it into OneNote somehow without the URL - had to go back and find it :D

dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:41 pm

I've never used WMC for music. Instead I have several pairs of Edifier R1280T's connected with Chromecast Audios around the house. I cast Google Play Music playlists to them (they play in unison - works just like Sonos at a fraction the price). I actually only use that when we have people over.

That was a lead up to a problem that started when I disabled the remote button for the music library. Now neither my HP WMC remote or the Inteset work at all with CMC. The only button that still works is Windows programs close if I press Recorded TV.

I tried launching as administrator and changing button targets and clicking the registry updater button and then restarting but that didn't help. I figured I'd ask before I start doing something like a clean install.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:52 pm

What do you mean by "I disabled the remote button for the music library"?

It sounds like you are doing the programming correctly, but just to be sure:
  1. Run CMC as Admin
  2. Enable Debug Logging
  3. Configure Buttons as you want in Settings
  4. SAVE
  5. Go back into Settings and do the Update
  6. Turn off Debug Logging
  7. Reboot
If that doesn't work, then the Debug Logging will have written some files to the Logs folder that should help in troubleshooting.

Launching CMC with a button requires 2 things: Both a button configured to do a Windows Hotkey (i.e. CTRL+ALT+8), plus a Windows Shortcut that responds to that Hotkey and launches CMC. So even if the remote programming works, if the shortcut doesn't get created correctly then you can't launch CMC. CMC should do both of those things, and the debug log file will show the results if necessary.

dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:05 pm

Not sure what that was all about :D - I couldn't get back to it until tonight and it was working perfectly.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 pm

:lol:

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:10 pm

Pauven wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:50 am For something completely different, the Pepper Jobs W10 Gyro Air TV Remote is very interesting. You wouldn't want to use this for normal CMC duty, but it would make an excellent 2nd remote that eliminates the need to keep a keyboard & trackpad handy for maintenance tasks. For $25, this seems like a really good value. Here's a good video review:
I actually just ordered one of these for myself, so I can report back later whether or not I like it.
I forgot to come back here and give my review of the Pepper Jobs. I'll keep it short and sweet: 👍👍

This isn't a daily use remote, the ergonomics aren't that great, but it is perfect as a keyboard + mouse replacement. You point with the remote to control the mouse, similar to a Nintendo Wii. The remote seems to sense which side is up, and disables the buttons on the bottom side, which is nice. It's small enough that I can keep it near my sitting area for easy access, and keep my comparatively bulky keyboard hidden away.

Highly recommended!

dsteinschneider wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:16 pm The Inteset is much more responsive (faster) then the HP Mediacenter remotes I bought in bulk from an ebay seller. I haven't read up on how to do macros yet but they are able to, as an example, turn all devices on by pressing the number 1. That and 2 to turn off everything are the only ones I'm planning on implementing right now.

It's also very comfortable to hold. I see why it's popular, it's easy to set up and works well.

I'm going to assign the 4 colored buttons to CMC
Based upon your review, I picked up one of these for Aileen's new PC build. She recently got a 4K Roku TV, which she will use for streaming. I knew I needed a single remote that would do Roku and CMC pretty well, so I'm giving it a try. So far, I like it. Feels good in the hand, good buttons. I'm just starting to program it, and came back here for your programming tip - thanks!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:12 pm

dsteinschneider wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:20 pm The Inteset remote doesn't have a mic.

I had a little trouble with programming an the "all devices off" macro (it only sort of worked) and found a tip on their forum that explained why.

https://intesettech.com/index.php/forum ... l-devices/

Its old school compared to Logitech ones with color screens but it does work very well. I'm going to stick with it.
Argh. Linky no worky.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:02 pm

So I've had a little trouble configuring the Inteset INT-422-3 for WMC use. First, the codes reported on their website, 02049 and 04000, didn't work at all.

Then I found a post for code 21972 and 01272, both of which work for navigating, but the four colored buttons are not working. Any ideas?