Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

access violation on non-exixtent title

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

access violation on non-exixtent title

Post by Teddyboy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:48 pm

Scrolling though my collection I get a access violation on one title. This is clearly a false title. I've been scrolling though and looking at my collection and so far none of the other titles give this error. I have all three Peanuts Holiday Specials. I originally bought them as a box set. The don't show up as a box set so something happened to the set that I'll have to look into. All three title are in my collection individually and play. I realize that I have some clean up to do on my collection, but I don't think it should give me a access violation?
access violation.png
access violation.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 8718 times
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: access violation on non-exixtent title

Post by Pauven » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:21 pm

Just below the View Discs button should be a Season button. Since it is missing, I'm thinking the AV error has something to do with the season. Perhaps no seasons have been configured.

Can you show a screenshot of this disc in My Movies Collection Management? Please make sure you show the navigation tree on the left, with the Disc/Series/Season/Episodes branches expanded.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:57 pm

I can do that when I get home. These are all tv specials and the box set does not appear to follow the rules. I think this may be the issue. I remember when this used to show up as a box set with all three dvd shown. It’s been a long time Paul since I even looked at my titles. I know I need to do some cleanup. These titles are shown as individual DVDs and the box set does not have them inside the box set. The box set is a mess, and I need to clean it up and resubmit it.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Probably what is happening is that the Peanut's holiday special is showing up as a TV Series, yet doesn't have the Season/Episode info properly defined. I think another user (Jamie?) had the same issue with the same specials.

I'm thinking the answer is that you don't want these to show as part of a TV Series. These are one-off specials, more like a 30 minute movie.

I don't have anything like this myself, so I've never figured out the right setup in My Movies for it.

Regardless, either make it look more like a movie, or make it more like a true TV Series with Season and Episode info. But halfway in the middle, like this one probably is, is no-man's land.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:57 pm

;
Last edited by Jamie on Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:58 pm

I think you have some other series or movie overlapping with a peanuts special. If you look at the description, it says it is sci-fi and gives the description of a scifi movie or series. I know of no Peanuts special with this type of description. It also says that it has 14 discs and 49 episodes.

You might want to check both the folders of the ripped discs and the MM Data, especially disks. Sometimes for me a folder can be dragged into another file folder by accident. Makes for strange results. In the CME, are you using structured or collapsed for how your folders are put together. Collapsed is the default and more forgiving.
Last edited by Jamie on Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Jamie wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:58 pm I think you have some other series or movie overlapping with a peanuts special. If you look at the description, it says it is sci-fi and gives the description of a scifi movie or series. I know of no Peanuts special with this type of description. I also says that it has 14 discs and 49 episodes

LOL! Eagle-eyed Jamie never misses anything! That's why he's my #1 tester.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:36 am

Yes I’m aware of all that. Thanks Jamie :). I had to complete the box set and contribute the information to the web service because it was incomplete.

The issue appears to be that A Charlie Brown Christmas was set as a TV Series in the web service which it clearly is not. This is why when I looked in that folder I see two xml files for series episode data, peanuts backdrop, banner, poster, season banners. This is clearly incorrect. The other specials have similar files for tv series. This is why CMCis getting confused. I’m going to delete the erroneous tv series files from each folder. CME has not picked up the changes yet as the mmTitle.xml has not been updated yet in any of the titles. There was a series xml episode file that CME when I first did the import in the folder for A Charlie Brown Christmas. That was probably due to that title being set as a tv series. I deleted that as well but left all the mmTitle xml files in place. I’ll probably force it to scan if I have time before I leave for work.

I just had CME do a quick scan and CMC do a quick sync. It did pick up the changes , but now I have this. I don't own Game of Thrones, and it also did not pick up the covers for Grave of the fireflies that I just ripped to my server this morning. CME has also not pick up some covers from other titles when I first imported. I'm at a loss now.
Peanuts Holiday Colleciton.png
Peanuts Holiday Colleciton.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 8694 times
access violation2.png
access violation2.png (408.27 KiB) Viewed 8695 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:37 am

This almost seems like you have some corruption in your My Movies database.

CME simply asks the My Movies API for a title, and does very minor formatting to the XML data that the API provides before saving it to file.

It seems like the API is returning bad/corrupted data. I've never seen this before.

It might be best if you delete and re-add the Peanuts holiday special to your database. You should also delete any mmTitle/mmSeries/mmEpisode.xml files from those folders before re-exporting with CME.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Yes, clean up all the data using CME. You shouldn't have to manually edit the files in your folder structure. Also, at least for your first shot you should have CME overwrite all the files. CME takes all the data from MM CM anyway. I would look at the peanuts specials in MM as well. Sometimes if the folder structure for the metadata isn't right it will cause strange outcomes. I would do a test run first and look over the log generated to make sure all the files are in the right folder. If you have any extraneous metadata files lurking in the top level MM share/folder there is something wrong with your folder structure.