Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED] Metadata Cleanup - RESOLVED

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: Metadata Cleanup

Post by Pauven » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:55 am

Teddyboy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:31 pm Rin is the last one that does not show as a TV series.

The main factors to check:
  • The title has been assigned the media type TV Serie, and the TV icon to the right of that assignment is blue and not red.
  • The episodes have been mapped. Though sometimes this seems to be corrupt in MMCM, and you have to delete & re-add each disc and remap episodes.
  • Review the CME log when exporting that title - it should export the mmSeries.xml and mmEpisode.xml files
  • After corrections are made in MMCM, and you have re-exported in CME, do a Full Sync in CMC.

Teddyboy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:31 pm Spartacus and the walking dead have tv series episode info but are not showing their title covers.

The title covers come from MMCM, so look there first to make sure they were successfully downloaded from the My Movies online service. If they are missing in MMCM, it is impossible to export them with CME.

If they are there in MMCM, then examine the CME log when exporting these titles to see what it says about these covers.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Re: Metadata Cleanup

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:05 am

Bah! Rin has chapter episodes! Bah!
Everything else in the title is correct. Once you make a fix to also look for chapters it should export out with full episode meta data for MPC to play the episodes. I’ll just play the ripped discs for now.

For Spartacus: Vengeance and the walking dead the MMovies front and back cover jpegs are present in all their folders, so I’m not sure what the problem could be. They are listed as a tv series and CME exports them as a tv series with full episode meta data. They show up in CMC as expected except that the front/back covers are missing. I may just end up deleting the walking dead as I only have the first season. They should have concluded the series a while ago. They’re just milking it. I think it lost its gravitas. Spartacus I like, but I intend replace season 1 dvd and get the complete series on Blu-ray instead.

I think this settles all the metadata issues.

I’ll start another post about the looney tunes golden collection. It’s not related to its metadata as a tv series, but how it displays in CMC. It has a lot of seasons (years) 21 to be exact.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: Metadata Cleanup - RESOLVED

Post by Pauven » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 am

Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:05 am Rin has chapter episodes! Bah!
Everything else in the title is correct. Once you make a fix to also look for chapters it should export out with full episode meta data for MPC to play the episodes.

Correct.

Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:05 am For Spartacus: Vengeance and the walking dead the MMovies front and back cover jpegs are present in all their folders, so I’m not sure what the problem could be. They are listed as a tv series and CME exports them as a tv series with full episode meta data. They show up in CMC as expected except that the front/back covers are missing. I may just end up deleting the walking dead as I only have the first season. They should have concluded the series a while ago. They’re just milking it. I think it lost its gravitas. Spartacus I like, but I intend replace season 1 dvd and get the complete series on Blu-ray instead.

Please do a full export of these two titles (in CME, turn off the Changes Only option to force a Full Export, and then on the main screen put the title, i.e. Walking Dead, in the search box, then export), and post the log output here.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:21 am

logs attached. I noticed that in Spartacus or The Walking Dead that there is no poster in either one. I've noticed that when I see a tv series the poster will show instead of the actual covers. Could that be it? For example, Happy Tree Friends and Star Trek The Animated Series are using posters for the front covers. You'd think that if the poster wasn't available that it would default to the cover artwork.

Going into MMCM and adding posters to both titles and then running a full export then a full sync brought the posters into CMC. A smart sync would not show the poster artwork for either series. I attached the CME export logs after I added the posters to the titles.
Attachments
Statacus CME Full Export.txt
(4.85 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
The Walking Dead Full CME Export.txt
(3.4 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Spartacus Full CME export with poster.txt
(4.75 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
The walking Dead Full CME Export with poster.txt
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Yes, in CMC v2.2, all TV Series use the Series Poster for the cover artwork, and does not default to showing a Title cover if the poster is missing.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:32 pm

I would have never known that had you not posted that. Lol. I was scratching my head for a while until it dawned on me that all the other tv series are using the tv series posters (which I like anyway), and those two didn’t have poster artwork. I also like how the box sets and tv series are shown as isometric boxes. It helps them to stand out a little more. Maybe sometime in the near future you can do a faq or another how to? Something to point out these little things that come up during importing titles.
:)

Now I can say that my metadata issues have all been resolved. Yay!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:39 am

Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:32 pm I would have never known that had you not posted that. Lol. I was scratching my head for a while until it dawned on me that all the other tv series are using the tv series posters (which I like anyway), and those two didn’t have poster artwork...Maybe sometime in the near future you can do a faq or another how to? Something to point out these little things that come up during importing titles.

Agreed. Sometimes I forget that new users don't know the history. For months I've had users asking why CMC was using a random DVD cover from one of the seasons, instead of using the poster. Then I finally got this fixed in v2.2 by creating CME, so that now it uses the poster and not the DVD cover, but I neglected to fully explain how this is working.

Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:32 pm Now I can say that my metadata issues have all been resolved. Yay!

Excellent. Welcome to the club. We've all been through the same journey. Hopefully you find it worthwhile.

Pauven

Re: [CLOSED] Metadata Cleanup - RESOLVED

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:26 pm

FYI, CMC v3.0 now supports Chapter based episodes. I just tested this with my Invader ZIM, and it seems to be working. This only works with MPC, as it seems to be the only player that support starting playback from a specific chapter.

Teddyboy

Re: [CLOSED] Metadata Cleanup - RESOLVED

Post by Teddyboy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:20 am

That’s awesome Paul