Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED] Metadata Cleanup - RESOLVED

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

Re: Metadata Cleanup

Post by Jamie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:16 pm
Im not really complaining Paul. I really like what I’m seeing. It’s just a few more stragglers that need to get into shape. Once I get past this. I’ll start a separate thread about what I’m seeing navigation and presentation of the collection to see what your thoughts are. Thanks Paul.
Don't worry about reporting problems. We all run into issues and should report them.

Two weeks ago I had an issue with my Universal Bluray Frankenstein and wolfman collections. They were not displaying the proper cover art. For some reason, they were displaying a cover not related to the frankenstein, or wolfman boxset. I manually changed folder.jpg, mymovies-front.jpg, mymovies-back.jpg, fanart.jpg and nothing would change. I then noticed two other jpgs mmmovies-front.jpg and MMmovies-back.jpg. That's not the exact name but it was like that name. I never saw them before and they had the bad images. I copied mymovies-front.jpg, and mymovies-back.jpg over them and all was fine. No CME cleanup would get rid of them.

Paul, I will get you the exact name of the jpgs if you want them when I get my unraid server online later. Sorry for not mentioning this sooner. I've got sidetrack and I keep forgetting to mention it.

Jamie

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:18 pm

Pauven wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:30 pm
Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm Here is another one that has me stumped. None of the season one episodes will show in CMC. CME states that there is not episode data when clearly there is in MMCM. I can't figure out what is wrong.

Please include screenshots of the Gigantor main Title screen, and the Assign Discs screen.
Here are the screenshots you requested Paul. I've dug a little further and Gigantor: part 1 is not seen by CME as a series. Even though it's assigned as a TV series in MMCM as you can see in the screenshots. The TVwebservice id is present in the mmmovies.xml file to identify it as a series and the same id is present in the mmtitle.xml file for all four discs in the title. The same issue exists with Kimba and Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne as well.
Gigantor Main Title Screen.png
Gigantor Main Title Screen.png (690.75 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
Gigantor Assign Disc 1.png
Gigantor Assign Disc 1.png (58.25 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
Gigantor Assign Disc 2.png
Gigantor Assign Disc 2.png (58.91 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
Gigantor Assign Disc 3.png
Gigantor Assign Disc 3.png (58.59 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
Last edited by Teddyboy on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Star Trek TAS exported with no errors and I can play individual episodes, but there are no season buttons in the lower left hand corner of the screen like there is in other tv series.
Star Trek TAS 1.png
Star Trek TAS 1.png (776.24 KiB) Viewed 7916 times
Star Trek TAS 2.png
Star Trek TAS 2.png (587.04 KiB) Viewed 7916 times
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Jamie wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:35 pm
Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:16 pm
Im not really complaining Paul. I really like what I’m seeing. It’s just a few more stragglers that need to get into shape. Once I get past this. I’ll start a separate thread about what I’m seeing navigation and presentation of the collection to see what your thoughts are. Thanks Paul.
Don't worry about reporting problems. We all run into issues and should report them.

Agreed. As much as we all would like it if using a GUI on your My Movies data was simply plug'n'play, it seems we ALL have these cleanup tasks to go through.

I know that there is a perception that this was not required with WMC, but I disagree. I think the reality is that we all had issues with our WMC collection that went unnoticed, and with CME+CMC and all the error/issue reporting, we are all realizing it for the first time.

Jamie wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:35 pm Two weeks ago I had an issue with my Universal Bluray Frankenstein and wolfman collections. They were not displaying the proper cover art. For some reason, they were displaying a cover not related to the frankenstein, or wolfman boxset. I manually changed folder.jpg, mymovies-front.jpg, mymovies-back.jpg, fanart.jpg and nothing would change. I then noticed two other jpgs mmmovies-front.jpg and MMmovies-back.jpg. That's not the exact name but it was like that name. I never saw them before and they had the bad images. I copied mymovies-front.jpg, and mymovies-back.jpg over them and all was fine. No CME cleanup would get rid of them.

Paul, I will get you the exact name of the jpgs if you want them when I get my unraid server online later. Sorry for not mentioning this sooner. I've got sidetrack and I keep forgetting to mention it.

Jamie

Definitely, anytime you notice issues let's post them. Hopefully it was just some old data that got exported and orphaned, but hard to say now that you already cleaned it up.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:18 pm Here are the screenshots you requested Paul. I've dug a little further and Gigantor: part 1 is not seen by CME as a series. Even though it's assigned as a TV series in MMCM as you can see in the screenshots. The TVwebservice id is present in the mmmovies.xml file to identify it as a series and the same id is present in the mmtitle.xml file for all four discs in the title. The same issue exists with Kimba and Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne as well.

On the main Title view for Gigantor Part 1, please expand the tree on the left to show all Disc > TV Series > Season > Episodes levels, then provide one screenshot for each level, Series, Season, & Episode.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 pm Star Trek TAS exported with no errors and I can play individual episodes, but there are no season buttons in the lower left hand corner of the screen like there is in other tv series.

This is what it looks like when the Title is missing the TV Series assignment in MMCM. Because it doesn't have the TV Series ID, CME doesn't export the mmSeries.xml file. And because there is no mmSeries.xml file, CMC doesn't show the enhanced TV Series view.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Pauven wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:33 pm
Teddyboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:18 pm Here are the screenshots you requested Paul. I've dug a little further and Gigantor: part 1 is not seen by CME as a series. Even though it's assigned as a TV series in MMCM as you can see in the screenshots. The TVwebservice id is present in the mmmovies.xml file to identify it as a series and the same id is present in the mmtitle.xml file for all four discs in the title. The same issue exists with Kimba and Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne as well.

On the main Title view for Gigantor Part 1, please expand the tree on the left to show all Disc > TV Series > Season > Episodes levels, then provide one screenshot for each level, Series, Season, & Episode.
I’ll provide you with the series screen. There is only one season for the series. I’ll expand that to show that season screen. You also want a screenshot of each episodes screen? I’ll do that when I get home. I wish I had set up my network so I could vpn into my network. It would make things easier. Ive been lazy to do that. I have a bunch of new ubiquiti hardware to install that’s collecting dust in my office.:)

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:43 pm You also want a screenshot of each episodes screen?
One episode is enough.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:15 am

Pauven wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:44 pm
Teddyboy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:43 pm You also want a screenshot of each episodes screen?
One episode is enough.
Gigantor Part 1 Resolved itself. as a test I deleted disc one from the assign discs screen then brought it back in and reattached the folder and remapped the episodes for that disc which were only four or five and saved the title. I ran CME and it picked up those episodes. I did the same thing for the remaining three discs and CME found them and added episode metadata to the folders. Gigantor Part 1 now shows episodes in CMC.

I thought I might get lucky and try the same thing with Kimba, but no dice. I even deleted the whole title and deleted all the metadata including metadata from CME. I let MMCM add its metadata back and then ran CME. It came back with the same message that there was "No Episodes indexed for this Title's Discs, skipping Meta-data export."

I've attached screen shots of the title, series, season, and one episode. I thought I would attach xml files if you want to compare against Kimbas mmmovie.xml against CME. Maybe you'll see something that would be invisible to me. I'll throw in Gigantors as well. :)
Attachments
Kimba title.png
Kimba title.png (634.86 KiB) Viewed 7896 times
Kimba Series Screen.png
Kimba Series Screen.png (345.08 KiB) Viewed 7896 times
Kimba Season Screen.png
Kimba Season Screen.png (394.55 KiB) Viewed 7896 times
Kimba Episode 1.png
Kimba Episode 1.png (290.52 KiB) Viewed 7896 times
Gigantor.zip
(8.58 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Kimba.zip
(10.12 KiB) Downloaded 325 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:00 am

Teddyboy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:15 am Gigantor Part 1 Resolved itself. as a test I deleted disc one from the assign discs screen then brought it back in and reattached the folder and remapped the episodes for that disc which were only four or five and saved the title. I ran CME and it picked up those episodes. I did the same thing for the remaining three discs and CME found them and added episode metadata to the folders. Gigantor Part 1 now shows episodes in CMC.

Those exact steps were going to be my next recommendation. I've had a few users in the same boat, that somehow their data is messed up in MMCM, and the only way to get the Series and Episodes to export is to delete and re-add the discs. It 'almost' sounds like some kind of MM DB corruption, but I hesitate to suggest that. Perhaps it is really old data that came in on an older version of MM that is somehow missing a data element, and you have to re-add the discs using the current version to fix it. It's all just guesses and speculation, and only Binnerup could shed light on the issue.

Teddyboy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:15 am I thought I might get lucky and try the same thing with Kimba, but no dice. I even deleted the whole title and deleted all the metadata including metadata from CME. I let MMCM add its metadata back and then ran CME. It came back with the same message that there was "No Episodes indexed for this Title's Discs, skipping Meta-data export."

I've attached screen shots of the title, series, season, and one episode. I thought I would attach xml files if you want to compare against Kimbas mmmovie.xml against CME. Maybe you'll see something that would be invisible to me.

Please provide some screenshots of the discs and episode mapping too.