Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED] Metadata Cleanup - RESOLVED

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

Re: Metadata Cleanup

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 am

Good Morning Paul,

Happy Friday! Attached are the screenshots you requested. I'm not a big TV series fan as I don't have a lot of them. It's just some are special to me because I used to watch them as a kid and Kimba is one of them back in the mid 70's. I still enjoy watching it occasionally. I'm the only one that brought this title into MM, so I know the mappings are correct. I double checked a couple of discs and they are spot on. Movies have been coming in flawlessly with the occasional MM data issue that people will put in the wrong information. Sometimes I think they do that just to get points. I could approach Brian with this, but I'm not sure he'll be much help when it comes to third party software. I could get really drastic and delete and re-rip the media, but it's not the media that is the problem.
Attachments
Kimba folder mapping.png
Kimba folder mapping.png (360.87 KiB) Viewed 7685 times
Kimba Disc 2-1.png
Kimba Disc 2-1.png (56.69 KiB) Viewed 7685 times
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:00 pm

Friday! How'd we get here so fast! ;)

The message "No Episodes indexed for this Title's Discs, skipping Meta-data export." is generated based upon a parsing of the <Title> xml data. Perhaps something is going wrong there.

Please provide both the mymovies.xml and mmTitle.xml files to me for review from one of the Kimba disc folders.

Please note, the forum is currently preventing direct attachment of the mmTitle.xml files (a safety feature gone awry), so either email them to me or zip them up before uploading to the forum.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Okie dokie. I’ll do that when I get home. I’ll zip them up which is what I did a couple of posts prior. The blue planet is showing all episodes and they are playable from the interface. It was the same issue as Gigantor part 1. I followed the same process and it’s now okay. I did provide a zip file for MyMovies and cmc xml files from one of the Kimba folders. Let me know if that’s okay. If not I’ll zipped them up and attach them when I get home. :D
Efrain
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:01 pm I’ll zip them up which is what I did a couple of posts prior.

My apologies, I didn't see them before. I'm looking at them now.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Okay, I found the problem with Kimba.

In the CME function that parses the disc episodes from the mymovies <Title> XML data, it is only returning a TRUE that there are episodes if the disc Title contains an episode, but fails to return TRUE if only the Chapters contain episodes.

Here's an edited version (to make it more readable) of what's in your Kimba XML. The yellow highlight is what the CME function is checking to see if it is TRUE, but since it is false it fails. The green highlight is being ignored by the function, even though as you can see it indicates an episode exists.

<Title ContainsEpisode="False" Number="3" Hours="02" Minutes="03" Seconds="28" TVSeason="" TVEpisode="">
<Chapter ContainsEpisode="True" Number="1" Hours="00" Minutes="00" Seconds="41" TVSeason="1" TVEpisode="1">
<Title>
<![CDATA[]]>
</Title>
</Chapter>
</Title>

Which brings us to problem #2 - Chapter based episodes. Currently, Chapter based episodes are not supported at all by CMC, only Title based episodes. This is on my to-do as a future enhancement, but for now it just isn't possible with the current version of CMC.

One of the challenges of Chapter based episodes is that very few players support them. I think MPC supports starting playback at a specific Chapter, but most players either only support starting playback at a Title, or don't support either at all (i.e. PowerDVD/DVDFab Player/JRiver do not support Title or Chapter playback at all, which is why they cannot be used for DVD Episodes).

For that reason you'll need to continue treating Kimba as a regular DVD, and launch episodes from the DVD menus. And that is what should be happening automatically, based upon the reported behavior of CME & CMC.

Luckily, so far very few TV Series seem to use Chapter based Episode indexes, most use Title based indexes, so the impact should be small. I have one series myself, Invader ZIM, that uses Chapter based episode indexes on a DVD, so I do have media to develop against.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:14 pm

Awesome Paul. Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. Okay for the time being I’ll just treat Kimba as a dvd for now until you revise CMC/CME to support chapter playback. I think the only remaining one is Star Trek TAS maybe two left with issues. Yeah there is not a lot of DVDs that have chapter based episodes. Go figure. I’ll take a look at my remaining problem children this weekend. I’ll let you know if I’m able to get them to show episodes or not. Thanks Paul.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi Paul,

CMC is working pretty good. I'm getting used to navigating. MPC navigation is quirky and Jriver navigation is different then MPC. All movies in my collection are fine, and they have been for some time now that CME has made it much easier for exporting from MMCM. TV series are okay with just a couple of TV series that are being stubborn. One uses chapters and not title for navigation. CME doesn't see that, and that is a known issue that you'll address sometime in the future.

Lets take a look at star trek the animated series again. I've attached the mmovies and mmtitle xml files for you to look at. It is listed as a TV series, and the episodes are title based not chapters. When I bring it up, I'm presented with the standard screen. I click play and I have the option to either go into the DVD or view all the episodes. I am able to navigate and play the episodes through MPC, but there is no metadata for them, so I don't get the enhanced episode display. All the episode information is there in MMCM to pull from but CME doesn't see it, so it could be a MM thing.

There are two others one is a blu ray series Samurai 7, and the other is a DVD Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne. I'll post those a little later with some screenshots if you need them. That's basically it. Pesky TV series! :)
Attachments
Star Trek TAS Disc 1.zip
(7.9 KiB) Downloaded 336 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:37 pm

What does CME log when you attempt to export Star Trek TAS?

You provided a mmTitle.xml file (which is for the disc, and is what you are seeing in CMC), but not the mmSeries.xml file (which provides the enhanced TV Series view you are missing).

If you've been making major corrections in MMCM, have you been doing a Full Sync to rebuild the CMC DB with these corrections?

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:18 pm

I’m very embarrassed right now. I thought I did a full sync earlier. When I read your reply I went and ran a full sync, and guess what. They all came up with full episode data with the exception of Rin. Cross those off the list. Rin only shows the DVDs.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:31 pm

The Prisoner is another TV series that uses chapters instead of titles. Rin is the last one that does not show as a TV series. Spartacus and the walking dead have tv series episode info but are not showing their title covers.