Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v3.0] List view gives error

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

[Fixed in v3.0] List view gives error

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:57 am

Messing round with CMC this morning, and when I go into the list view I get this error. I'll never use this view because I'll always use covers to display my collection, but I just wanted to see what it would do. In addition; the number of titles in my collection is not displayed properly. I bounces from 513 to 226. It's intermittent, but it happens occasionally. When I clear the watched marker it goes away, but when I close CMC and open it up again they come back. Personally I don't care for the watched marker. :)
CMC listing error 1.png
CMC listing error 1.png (319.11 KiB) Viewed 5393 times
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: List view gives error

Post by Pauven » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:57 pm

If by list view, are you referring to the WatchList?
image.png
image.png (26.2 KiB) Viewed 5387 times

The WatchList is a feature that lets you flag movies you want to watch later. That index out of bounds -1 error means there are no titles in your WatchList.

To add/remove titles from your WatchList, you press the * button on your remote/keyboard. Then when you toggle the Show WatchList mode on, you only see movies you have flagged (Pro Tip: ALL filters are cumulative, so when you are showing WatchList flagged movies, the list shown is also affected by the Media Type filter, Unwatched/All filter, Genre filter(s), Category filter(s), and/or Search filters).

Movies flagged in your WatchList get a gold ribbon:
image.png
image.png (422.91 KiB) Viewed 5387 times

Obviously that is a bug in CMC that it shows that error, but as soon as you add some movies to your WatchList queue, that error should go away.

There is not currently a title list view in CMC. Just the regular cover rows view.

Teddyboy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:57 am In addition; the number of titles in my collection is not displayed properly. I bounces from 513 to 226. It's intermittent, but it happens occasionally. When I clear the watched marker it goes away, but when I close CMC and open it up again they come back.

That number is NOT the number of titles in your collection. It is the number of titles on-screen. This changes based upon what filters you have applied, and also when you are using the Search feature.

The reason you see it jumping around is because you are changing the filters. Most likely you are using the Show Unwatched Only / Show All toggle (they eyeball).

The reason it reverts back to 513 when you restart is because of how you have CMC configured at startup (Settings > Startup & Logging Options > Default Show Watched Titles & Default Media Type Filter.

Also, maybe I'm reading between the lines, but it sounds like to me that you are using the eyeball button to flag a movie as Watched/Unwatched. That button is just a toggle, switching between showing all movies, or showing Unwatched only. That's not how you change a movie's watched status (see below).

Teddyboy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:57 am Personally I don't care for the watched marker.
Personally, I love it, since it give me instant visual feedback when I toggle a movie between Watched and Unwatched (Clear button on remote, Escape on keyboard), or when I've come back from watching a movie and CMC has auto-flagged the movie as Watched.

But if you don't want to see the marker, just turn it off: Settings > Display Settings > Show Cover Overlays

Also, one last tip regarding the total title count shown in CMC. Not only is it just the number of titles currently shown on-screen, even when showing everything in your collection, it will NOT match your title count in My Movies. This is because of Box Sets and TV Series. For example, I have 10 movies in my Star Wars Box Set, and this counts as 1 on the main screen, not 10. Similarly, I have 11 seasons worth of The Big Bang Theory. This also counts as 1 on the main screen, not 11.

If you even want to see the total title count for CMC - a number more comparable to My Movies - then you need to open the CMC_MovieDB.xml file, and read the first line. This number might actually be slightly higher than My Movies though, because in addition to counting all the individual titles, it also counts each Box Set and TV Series. So my 10 movie Star Wars box set counts as 11, and my 11-season The Big Bang Theory collection counts as 12.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:10 pm

Fair enough, but it shouldn’t pop out like that. It takes me out of the interface. It should tell me I need to add titles to the watchilst in order for it to start to work by design. There was no text under the icon to tell me what it was. Maybe because I turned it off? I thought it was a title list view which I don’t want. I’ll have to try it and see how I like it now that you’ve explained it too me.

I’ve been so busy about the tv series thing that I haven’t had time to take a look at other things and how they work. I was playing with the interface before I left for work his morning. I’ll take a closer look. Thanks Paul.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:10 pm Fair enough, but it shouldn’t pop out like that. It takes me out of the interface.

Agreed, that's why I said it that behavior is a bug.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:52 pm

In CMC v3.0 I've changed this behavior. Now toggling WatchList on keeps the focus on the WatchList icon if no titles are displayed, and also shows a message that no titles are in the WatchList.