Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in 3.0] 4K UHD discs shown as HD DVD

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
breazile

[Fixed in 3.0] 4K UHD discs shown as HD DVD

Post by breazile » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 am

All of my 4K UHD discs are shown with the HD DVD case for some reason. I don't know the correct terminology here, so I attached some screen shots of what it looks like, and what the MyMovies title looks like. I'm running CMC 2.2 and MyMovies 5.25 on Windows 10.
CMC.JPG
CMC.JPG (785.07 KiB) Viewed 4749 times
MM.PNG
MM.PNG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 4749 times

Pauven

Re: 4K UHD discs shown as HD DVD

Post by Pauven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:10 am

This is because you are using the "My Movies" default cover profile, which (at least in 5.24) did not include any graphics for UHD 4K discs, so I programmed CMC to default to using the HD DVD for UHD 4K to make it easier to see them versus Blu-ray (when the 4K UHD graphics are missing).

EDIT: I just double-checked and I was mistaken, Binnerup does include the 4K graphics with 5.24:
image.png
image.png (244.97 KiB) Viewed 4742 times

Can you still try using the CMC cover profile mentioned below to see if it "fixes" this display issue for you? I can do some digging on my end to see what is going on.

If you use one of the "CMC" cover profiles, these should display correctly with UHD 4K disc cases.

I don't know if 5.25 adds 4K UHD case images, and I'm still running 5.24 here so I don't have it handy to check. While I've started thinking about upgrading to 5.25, based upon the various issues I've been reading I'm thinking I might wait until the next version (5.26?) that Binnerup has recently hinted about.

If you really like the My Movies default cover profile style, you can always create a custom cover profile for CMC, and add in the missing UHD 4K graphics. The instructions for creating custom cover profiles are essentially the same as with My Movies, so you can read up on that here: https://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/written- ... tomization

The main difference with CMC is that you can optionally put the cover profiles in the <CMCInstallFolder>\Cover Profiles\ directory, and you can even create custom Box Set perspective covers too if you mimic the optional extra data in the CMC.xml Cover Profile.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:45 am

UPDATE:

I was able to recreate this issue, and traced the root cause to a small bug in CMC when using the My Movies default Cover Profile. The code was skipping the step that defines the 4K Ultra HD cover set, so even though the 4K images existed and were even being loaded, the CMC logic was reverting to using the HDDVD images.

Here is an example of it now showing correctly:
image.png
image.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 4738 times

I'm amazed that this issue wasn't discovered before, as this code has been the same since CMC v1.0. I've just fixed it for the next version of CMC. My goal is to have the next version out by Halloween (October 31), which is CMC's 2-year anniversary.

If you can't wait, then you can follow my instructions above to either create a custom profile, or to use one of the other profiles like CMC.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

breazile

Post by breazile » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:17 am

That's great, thanks for the fix. No rush, I can wait until the next version.