Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] Cannot remove old categories

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Redtarga

Re: Cannot remove old categories

Post by Redtarga » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:46 pm

I recall that I had an unresolved problem long ago when using CME Metadata Cleanup on the whole collection. The MMCM database IMBD data got screwed up and I had to manually fix it. Of course it was long before the latest MMCM release that fixed the IMDB data retrieval issue. It may no longer be a problem, but I don't want to risk it unless absolutely necessary. This is why I feel wary of doing a wholesale CME Metadata Cleanup.

OTOH, it turns out that because I had deleted the most populous old categories, I have to do a Windows Search for mymovies.xml files across all 27 drives, and then do a deeper search for the old category name in order to find the problematic titles. I take screenshots of the several pages of files. Then I delete those files all at once and run CMC Metadata Exporter on the individual titles using the screenshots for reference.

I mention this for anyone who might have a category problem like mine to help them avoid all this work. In summary: Don't delete old categories before ensuring their name does not appear in CMC.