Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] VOB Movies Not Showing Up In Catalog

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: VOB Movies Not Showing Up In Catalog

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:39 pm

I see that the mymovies.xml file indicates that the disc location is M:\Con Air. Are you using M:\ in your Sync'd Folders list, or are you using a different path (i.e. \\ServerName\Movies instead of M:\ or H:\ instead of M:\)?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:53 pm

Oh, wait, I see the problem!

I thought you had VIDEO_TS folders? But your directory screenshot shows all of the VOB files in the root directory (I don't even see the disc root folder). What's going on here?

When you rip a DVD, it should rip to a folder named for the Disc, and inside that folder should be a VIDEO_TS folder. So for Con Air, you might see something like:
  • M:\Con Air\Con_Air\VIDEO_TS\*.VOB's
You would leave this folder structure alone, as it is correct. In MMCM, you would configure the Disc as an Online Folder, pointing to:
  • M:\Con Air\Con_Air
When CMC is syncing, it will see the VIDEO_TS folder in the M:\Con Air\Con_Air directory, and will look for the mmTitle.xml/mymovies.xml files in the same directory (which is also where both MMCM and CME would write them).

But you don't have the VIDEO_TS folder (which is where the VOB's are supposed to live), so CMC doesn't detect any playable media (which is why CMC says it is offline). CMC doesn't look for VOB files directly, it only looks for the VIDEO_TS folder that would contain the VOB's.

I'm a bit confused, because in your original post you said that your folder structure was basically "Conair\MainMovies\Video_TS\VOB Files", which is correct, but that doesn't match your directory screenshot at all which is just showing M:\Con Air\*.VOB's.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:01 pm

soundmanmike wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:06 pm I have a collection of over 2200 movies and I have been using MyMovies for years. I have been testing out CMC for a week now and it is coming along but many of my older movies in my collection are copied DVDs in VOB format. There was a file structure that was created years ago that is basically this "ConAir\MainMovie\Video_TS\VOB FIles". All the XML and cover data for MyMovies and CMC is in with the VOBs but the cover in the catalog view shows up black and displays an error after the sync of "Found Playable media without a "mymovies.xml" in Folder "M;\ConAir\MainMovie\Video_TS". If I move all the files including the VOBs to the first folder "ConAir" and delete all the subfolders, the error goes away but the DVD cover completely disappears in the catalog view. When I changed the files structure, I also updated it in mymovies database. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mike

Okay, I think I'm piecing the puzzle together.

The original issue was that you had mapped the Disc in MMCM to M:\Con Air\MainMovie\VIDEO_TS, instead of M:\ConAir\MainMovie.

In your attempt to fix the CMC error, you copied the VOB's from ..\VIDEO_TS\ to M:\Con Air\. This was the wrong thing to do, and now the absence of the VIDEO_TS folder is causing a sync problem with CMC, as CMC doesn't look for VOB files directly, but rather their parent folder VIDEO_TS.

The solution is to restore the original folder structure, i.e. M:\Con Air\MainMovie\VIDEO_TS, and put the VOB's back in the original VIDEO_TS folder, and map the Disc as an Online Folder pointing to M:\Con Air\MainMovie.

soundmanmike

Post by soundmanmike » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:21 pm

I have no VIDEO_TS folders in my entire collection now. I moved everything to the movies individual root folders. I experimented with moving the VOB files around and resetting where the MM database was pointing and nothing made the movies come online in CMC. The folder structure was all over the place for the VOBs so I just ended up changing them all to match (i.e. delete every folder but the root movie folder). After your last email, I restored one test folder that was offline and did exactly as you said (i.e. 127 Hours\MainMovie\VIDEO_TS) then reset the MM pointer and did a full sync in CMC. Its still offline.

Sorry for this being a pain but I must be missing something or there is a glitch with CMC vs my setup.

Thanks!

soundmanmike

Post by soundmanmike » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Ok, I redid the test movie and I found that it had two sets of XMLs. One set in the root folder with the MainMovie folder and one set with VIDEO_TS. Once I removed all the test XMLs in all folders and had MM rewrite the setup for that movie. Then I re-synced CMC and finally the disc is online. Since I have removed all folder structure (Movie\MainMovie\VIDEO_TS) is there a easy way to mass fix the folders. I had to manually remove them and it was a time consuming pain. Thanks again for all of your help!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Hey Jamie, can you think of a good way to do this? Some type of powershell script maybe? This could probably be done in a batch script too.

The logic here for a script seems simple enough:
  • For each root Directory, if it contains any VOB files then create a subdirectory named DISC and a sub-subdirectory named VIDEO_TS
  • Then move *.VOB, *.BUP, and *.IFO to DISC\VIDEO_TS\*.*
I'm not sure if there are other files besides VOB, BUP and IFO that need to be moved, but those 3 are definitely must haves.

Mike, are all of the directories on your M:\ drive (and any other media drives) all for DVD Rips, or do you have some directories that shouldn't have the script logic applied to them?

Mike, I'm assuming that you didn't have any multi-disc titles for which you copied all the VOB's to a single root (if you did, then they overwrote each other and you lost data).

soundmanmike

Post by soundmanmike » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Everything is on M:\ ....its a 50 TB setup. I was thinking about a script myself but I do not have a lot of experience in that area. NO, there are no multi disc titles that are contained within the same folder.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:28 pm

And just to be clear, is there anything else on M:\ other than your movie folders?

soundmanmike

Post by soundmanmike » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:49 pm

No, everything is movies. MKV, ISO, VOBs etc. All in their individual movie title folder.
Files.jpg
Files.jpg (419.89 KiB) Viewed 7989 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:41 pm

Mike,

I've attached a batch file that should recreate the VIDEO_TS folders and move the VOB and associated files into them.

Download the attached file, saving it to your M:\ drive, then rename it, removing the .txt on the end (name should be "Fix_VideoTS.bat").

Before continuing, make sure the file in the root of your M:\ drive, i.e. M:\Fix_VideoTS.bat.

Then double-click it to run it.

The batch file will look in each directory in the root of M:\, and in each directory it first checks for the presence of any *.VOB files. If it finds a VOB file, it creates a couple directories (DISC\VIDEO_TS) if they don't exist, then moves all of the VOB, IFO, and BUP files into VIDEO_TS.

In case you look at the batch script and notice those "> nul 2>&1" statements and get scared, those are just hiding the command's output unless it is an error. DOS is not a pretty language, but it does some pretty nifty stuff.
Attachments
Fix_VideoTS.bat.txt
(582 Bytes) Downloaded 307 times