Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] Cannot import music track names

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
pks

[Resolved] Cannot import music track names

Post by pks » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi Paul,

I have my music collection in C:\Users\Public\Music. I have had a couple hundred albums ripped and saved in that folder for quite some time as M4A files and they have all synced with CMC just fine. For each album, I have songs being listed with distinct track names.

But recently I ripped a CD and discovered a problem. Track names are just listed as Track 1, Tract 2, etc. I'm not sure what the problem is.

My music is organized using Windows Media Player and its library. Title names exist correctly with all my albums including the new CD.

In Windows Explorer, I have correctly listed most of the metadata fields that I like for all my albums and songs including Album Name, Name (of track), Composer, Album Artist, etc. It all appears correct even for new problem CD. I'm on windows 10 Pro and in CMC Music Library I have synced several times but still cannot get it to show explicit track names. I'm on your latest version 3.0.2019.1031.

Pete

Pauven

Re: Cannot import music track names

Post by Pauven » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 pm

This sounds like a metadata issue with the newly ripped CD. Use a tool like MediaMonkey to view and edit the metadata that lives inside the media files. You should find and be able to fix the problem there.

If that doesn't work, maybe you can email me one of the tracks to test.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Mp3tag is another good "free" audio metadata editor. It works okay with all audio files including m4a.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:59 pm

I double-checked the code to see if there was anything I was forgetting about.

As I expected, each Track's name comes from the file's metadata. So if you are seeing a track named "Track 1", then I would expect the metadata to have the same "Track 1" value as the track name. You didn't say what the track name was supposed to be, so perhaps the track names really are Track 1, Track 2, etc.

The exception to the above is if the medadata tags could not be loaded, then in CMC you will see the filename as the track name, but that would probably be something like "Track 1.mp3", including the file extension in the name, or whatever you named the file.

The only third possibility that I can think of is that somehow the metadata was written to the file in a format that my mp3 tag reading plugin can't read. I'm not sure what software and version you used to rip the CD, maybe you're using something new? I suppose that if the metadata wasn't compatible with the 3delite TAGS library, it might substitute "Track 1" for an unreadable track name and not produce and error for CMC to know something went wrong.

pks

Post by pks » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Thanks all y'all.
Got it. Forgot I had Metatogger. It worked well.
Pete

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Metalogger! I was trying to remember that name but couldn't come up with it.

Glad you got it sorted.