Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] Does CMC need an export from CME to update categories?

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

Re: Does CMC need an export from CME to update categories?

Post by Jamie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:03 am

FYI, I set the time on my CME to 360 minutes so that I can walk away and do other things. The 360 minutes starts to count down after the update finishes and the 360 minutes gives me the opportunity to stop CME before it starts a new update again. 360 minutes might be overkill but it gives me the ability to relax and look at what was updated and then stop the update from running again.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:12 am

Paul I just read Manni's response carefully.. If I set the time for changes to zero does that mean that the update will not restart and will not run continuously? That way I don't have to set it to 360 Minutes???

Manni

Post by Manni » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 am

That's the way it seems to work for me... Though I exit CME once the export is done, I don't let it running.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:48 am

Correct, 0 to disable. This tip is mentioned right next to the setting, though I guess it could be more clearly stated what is being disabled:
image.png
image.png (10.48 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:04 pm

Manni wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 am That's the way it seems to work for me... Though I exit CME once the export is done, I don't let it running.
Thanks Manni. I exit after I'm done too. I just used the 6 hour time frame to make sure that I have time to see what movies and TV shows were processed.

Jamie

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:09 pm

Pauven wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:48 am Correct, 0 to disable. This tip is mentioned right next to the setting, though I guess it could be more clearly stated what is being disabled:

image.png
Thanks Paul. There are times I see only what I want to see. Due to that and my bad near vision, I overlook things. That's why I have to go over posts, emails, a number of times to get it straight in my head.

Jamie