Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v3.2] Remote Hot keys

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
RKEP

[Fixed in v3.2] Remote Hot keys

Post by RKEP » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:54 am

Hi

From what I can see the Hot Keys are minimal in CMC. I tried to set a couple using MCE Remote configuration. CTRL+ALT+7 is supposed to open the movie library and CTRL+ALT+9 is supposed to open the music library. I have updated registry in Admin mode as per instructions but pressing the keyboard shortcut does nothing. CTRL+ALT+8 for opening the program works okay and so does ALT+F4 for closing.

I am hoping that we we can get these Hot Keys to work and also be able to directly open the the other sections aswell with Hot Keys, I.E. TV, Documentaries and other media.

If I am missing something and it possible to do this already please advise, thanks

Richard

Pauven

Re: Remote Hot keys

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:24 am

Please provide a screenshot of the MCE Remote Configuration settings page.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi

Please find attached MCE Config page, thanks

Richard
Attachments
MCE Config.jpg
MCE Config.jpg (166.58 KiB) Viewed 7278 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:43 pm

Hmmm, I'm a bit confused.

You say that CTRL+ALT+8 works, but that is not configured here. Perhaps you configured it earlier and have since changed it?

ALT+F4 is a default Windows hotkey, so that always works. You simply did not configure an MCE remote button to link to it. I assume you are manually mapping ALT+F4 using your Android remote.

Just to be sure: did you reboot Windows after applying the new configuration?

You can also enable Debug Logging, and start CMC with Admin rights and run the registry update again. It will log what is going on, so that can help troubleshoot.

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi

I'm sorry this is a misunderstanding by me. It does work! I thought it was hot keys to switch Libraries when open but it is in actuality to Launch into that library.

What I would like to do is be able to switch Libraries at a click of a button with Hot keys instead of navigating the menu. Hopefully there are or is a way of setting Hot keys to do this, which would be great for an Android Remote.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding, thanks

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:37 pm

RKEP wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:15 pm What I would like to do is be able to switch Libraries at a click of a button with Hot keys instead of navigating the menu. Hopefully there are or is a way of setting Hot keys to do this, which would be great for an Android Remote.

There is currently no hotkeys as you describe. Please post a new request in the Roadmap/Feature Request section of the forum. Please be detailed, including suggesting the hotkey combinations you would like to use.