Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] PowerDVD Auto Launch

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
RKEP

[Resolved] PowerDVD Auto Launch

Post by RKEP » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:21 am

Hi

I am having an issue with CMC taking a long time to launch PowerDVD with a slide show movie converted to bluray ISO I made. It is taking over a minute where a movie is only seconds. I tried it on windows autoplay and it launches straight away. So I don't no why CMC is taking so long.

If this is something that cannot be fixed, can we have the option in settings to mount the ISO but not auto launch with any player (Take No Action). I can set windows to autoplay and this is responding very quickly?

Thanks

Best Regards

Richard

Pauven

Re: PowerDVD Auto Launch

Post by Pauven » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:15 am

Most likely it is the RedFox enhancements. Try disabling them if you don't use foxy.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi

Excuse my ignorance, I do use Redfox but what enhancements are you refering to. I can take a look and see what I come up with thanks

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Settings > ISO Mounting Options > Red Fox Enhancements

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi

Thx, works perfectly

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:24 am

The Red Fox Enhancements monitor the mounting progress by looking for (and waiting on) the presence of certain files created by foxy once mounting is completed. If you don't use foxy, then this enhancement results in a 1+ minute delay in playback before the timeout hits and CMC finally moves on.

Your scenario is unusual in that you have a special home-made ISO that apparently isn't processed the same way by foxy, and the monitored files are not created so you get the same 1+ minute delay.

You may find that starting playback of regular ISO's, especially those ripped with protection left in place, is problematic without the enhancement enabled. This issue typically looks like playback starting, then stopping, then starting again, sometimes multiple times, because foxy is reprocessing and remounting the disc multiple times. The enhancement waits for the "all done" signal which is the presence of certain files, thereby eliminating this annoying behavior. Without the enhancement enabled, CMC "jumps the gun" and starts playback after the initial ISO mount but before foxy is done processing and remounting.

Unfortunately, I don't see a way to make this work automatically for both types of discs, so it is up to you to enable or disable the red fox enhancements as you see fit.