Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED - MMCM Issue] Issues with Sync

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
klpaint

[CLOSED - MMCM Issue] Issues with Sync

Post by klpaint » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:01 pm

I am getting pages of sync errors where I am missing MPLS data. I have seen the posts that I need to delete/readd the disk. I have done that several times but it doesn't seem to be solving the issue.
image.png
image.png (237.3 KiB) Viewed 8345 times
I clearly don't have the MPLS data on the MyMovies side but having a hard time getting it created. I deleted the title, re added it (making sure I selected the Blue Ray version) and pointed the new title to the disk images. I end up with what is in the picture above (no MPLS data).

Do I need the actual physical disk again to make this work? I am hoping not as It looks like there are over 20 seasons of different TV Episodes with this issue. Hoping I am missing something simple to get this resolved.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin

Pauven

Re: Issues with Sync

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:09 pm

Just to be clear, MPLS only applies to Blu-ray discs. When you are deleting and re-adding the discs, you should be inserting the original Blu-ray disc if possible as part of mapping the episodes, or as a last resort mounting the Blu-ray ISO image.

If you have a DVD disc or ISO, then MPLS #'s do not apply, and please make sure you have the title assigned as DVD and not Blu-ray.

If you truly have a Blu-ray ISO and are not getting the MPLS #'s on deleting/re-adding the discs (not deleting the Title, but deleting the Discs) then I'm not sure what to do next.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:20 pm

They are all Blue Ray but they are MT2S format. I assume that works the same as ISO?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:24 pm

Yes, should work the same, but do not contribute online if mounting ISO, as the disc ID is different/missing/invalid on a ripped ISO (unless recently ripped with a fixed foxy version).

Please pay attention to what I put in bold in my previous post. It sounds like you are deleting and re-adding the Title, if so, then this is not the correct method. You need to go into the Discs list, and delete the Discs and re-add them.

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Thanks.... I am obviously doing something wrong as I can't get it to work. I will start with I do not have the physical disks. I have been burning movies for years and years and there are over 1200 of them and all in M2TS format.

What is interesting if if I just delete the disks within the title and then add new disks and then go to Edit Chapter or Episodes to see if it is right it says "Before you can edit chapters or episodes for the disc, you must read the disc id for it.

If I delete the title and recreate it, when I add the disk it pulls down all of the episodes. I can then go in and see the episodes but the MPLS data is missing. The just deleting the disk and re adding them doesn't seem to pull down the episodes for me.

When I do a sync I get pages and pages of the missing MPLS messages. As I sift through them they are all TV Series. Is this only an issue with TV Series?

Thanks,

Kevin

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:43 pm

The core problem is that the My Movies online shared data repository has corrupted data - the corruption is that the MPLS data has been lost. One of our fellow forum members (Manni if I recall correctly), recently brought this to Binnerup's attention and they found the issue and corrected it. But the correction only prevents the issue from continuing to happen in the future, and all those online Titles that have already lost their MPLS #'s are still bad.

When you delete and re-add the Title, you are simply re-downloading the same corrupted data from Binnerup's online repository.

The ONLY way to correct this issue is to delete the corrupted Discs from the Title. Then you have to re-add the Discs back. My Movies will demand that you insert the original Disc to get the Disc ID, and won't let you continue to mapping the Episodes until you have done this. If you can, I highly recommend you use the original Discs, map the episodes, and contribute the final result to the online repository. That way you are helping fix the corruption for all of us.

But if you can't use the original Discs, then you can mount each ISO to a virtual drive, and have My Movies use it to read the Disc ID. It will work to read a Disc ID (and let you map episodes), but the ID will not be a good ID, so you should NOT contribute your updated Title to the online repository.

Since you've become stuck on this item, I'm guessing you have not read the online tutorial I documented for exactly this issue, TV303- TV Episodes for Blu-rays, which includes step-by-step instructions and screenshots, including mounting the ISO and clicking 'Yes', lying to My Movies that you have inserted an original disc.

One last tip, especially if you are mounting ISO's and not contributing the corrected data, LOCK the Title! If you don't Lock it, then a future update (when another user contributes something/anything for that Title) occurs, My Movies will download the updated data, and you will lose the corrected MPLS values (because the data is still corrupted in the online repository, unless it just so happens that the new data contributed by another user was the corrected Discs+MPLS values) as the update will still contain the corrupted Discs with the missing MPLS values. Locking will prevent any updates, including downloading the corrupted disc data that makes your MPLS #'s disappear.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi Kevin

When you rip you discs did you rip to a file path, or an ISO image?

If you ripped to an ISO you need to remove all the discs for that one title and then save the change. I do not know if it is necessary to save the removal of the discs but I do it anyway. You then go into the disc editing window and select the Location of your ISO image.

Mount your disc to Virtual clone drive.

You then edit the DIsc ID and add the YOUR disc id from the mounted drive. Since you removed the old disc, it should not keep walking over your ripped disc id which you want to save with the MPLS mappings.

Follow ALL the prompts and if you receive what seems to be a threatening message asking whether this is the original disc disc, say YES. This question will be asked twice and if you say no the mapping will not be changed.

Like Paul said. Do not submit this disc to MYMovies. Just lock it.

I do not now how you would mount a file path if you ripped it that way

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Jamie wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:57 pm I do not now how you would mount a file path if you ripped it that way

I think you would have to use an image creation/burning application, and essentially create an ISO where the contents are the folder data you ripped. Then mount the newly created ISO and continue from there.

But that's just a theory, not really sure if it would work. I think this extra effort is disappointing, since the MPLS values and Titles/Chapters obviously still exist in the DVD/Blu-ray Folder, and it is just a limitation of MMCM that it won't read anything other than what it believes is the original disc.

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Thanks for all the responses, this has been very helpful. When the movies are created they are in a directory structure (see below). I downloaded Virtual Clonedrive but having a hard time getting it to work with the M2TS structure.

It is a shame it can't read it from the directory as they are right there. I thought we were on to something with Virtual CloneDrive but I am starting to think it won't work with this directory structure.

As it is only TV series it is impacting I think I will have to punt. It does generate pages and pages of errors when I sync but I think I can live with that. My entire collection (something like 1200) is in this format so switching formats is not really an option.

Paul,

It has been awhile but we worked together when you first launched your product. I am guessing I was one of your first paying customers. I have been on the road for quite some time and have been away from this for awhile. It is amazing how far this has come. Well done.....

Thanks,

Kevin
Attachments
image.png
image.png (949.58 KiB) Viewed 8320 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi Kevin, I definitely remember you, and yes you were customer #3, right after Jamie. Your username seemed familiar but I hadn't quite connected all the dots yet. Glad you like the progress, thanks! Not sure if you've discovered CME yet, but if you haven't, definitely give it a try. It elevates CMC to the next level.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you had ripped to Blu-ray Folder format (though had I realized who you were, I probably would have - I think I added DVD/Blu-ray Folder support for you!).

You don't have to switch formats - I keep all my TV Series in DVD/Blu-ray Folder format which allows them to play back episodes instantly and I don't have to wait on ISO mounting. But according to the My Movies requirements, you would have to re-insert the original disc to get My Movies Collection Management to re-read the disc structure and restore the MPLS #'s.

You may want to check out Yubsoft ImgDrive, which lists among the many features the ability to "Mount a folder as DVD/BD". Note that I have never used this software so this is not an endorsement, merely a head's up: https://www.yubsoft.com/imgdrive/

I may go ahead and give it a try. My season 5 of The Big Bang Theory got corrupted by automatic updates that blew away the MPLS values. I had already stored this season away in the basement a year ago, and I don't want to find and rip open boxes searching for it. I'd been searching for a tool to mount folders as ISO's, and so far hadn't found anything until a few minutes ago when I stumbled onto ImgDrive.

[UPDATE] I tried it and it didn't work for me. First I tried the portable version, which doesn't have the Mount Folder as DVD/BR option. I then installed the full "Installer" version, and was able to successfully mount my TBBT Season 5 Disc 1 folder, and browsing to the virtual drive letter looked promising. When I attempted to read the Disc ID from the virtual drive, and My Movies failed, saying "The Disc Id could not be read from the disc.".

image.png
image.png (8.57 KiB) Viewed 8318 times

Shucks. I thought I finally had a solution.