Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED - MMCM Workflow] Issue with Episodes

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
klpaint

[CLOSED - MMCM Workflow] Issue with Episodes

Post by klpaint » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm

I have been reloading the disc ID's to most of my BlueRay TV Series in order to solve the MPLS issue. This has been working until I got to Big Bang Season 9. When I open it in CMC it does not see the episodes. I tried several times and then finally deleted the title and the original rips of both disks. I then ripped both again like it was the first time. When I was done I had the same issue. I can tell it isn't seeing the episodes as it launches PowerDVD (which is what I use for BlueRays) instead of the player I use for Episodes. It also doesn't list the "View Episodes" selection.

I am on my flight out for the week and won't return until Thursday night but thought I would ask now so I can work on it when I get back. Any ideas on what I can check? I did check and the MPLS are on both discs now so I don't think that is the issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Pauven

Re: Issue with Episodes

Post by Pauven » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:01 pm

Hey Kevin,

You didn't give me much to go on.

Since you wrote about the "View Episodes" selection, I'm going to guess that you are not using CME to export your metadata for the enhanced TV Series browsing experience. View Episodes is only part of the legacy view.

Is that right?

If you're not using CME, you should be...
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:02 pm

Going to the CME will save you a huge amount of time over the legacy metadata version of CMC. If you are using the legacy metadata way of doing things you will miss out on a lot of episode functionality that comes from the CME. If you are using the legacy app, you will also have to attach each episode xml file that was created by the sync and tie them to the proper episode. It is very time consuming to do it this way. Frustrating too. Seeing that you did not have to tie the individual episode xml files to their corresponding episodes, I believe that you most likely are running the CME because you stated that some series episodes are working fine.

May I suggest reading the "getting started" page of the website at the top of this forum. Just quickly go through it and that should fix 90% of the issues you will come across. I find myself looking through this tutorial from time to time in order to see whether I missed something.

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:58 am

Paul,

Still on my work trip but returning late tonight. Just to make sure we are saying the same thing. I am running CMC Meta Data Export on my MyMovies Server. I can see it exporting things when I update movies.

In general, I think it is working correctly. It is just Big Bang Season 9 that is giving me issues. Is there a log file or something I can send you that will help? All the other episodes are working.

Thanks,

Kevin

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:58 am

Yes, follow these steps:
  • Click 'Clear ALL Export Logs'
  • Go to Settings > CMC Metadata Export and Disable 'Export Changes Only'
  • Save Settings
  • Type 'The Big Bang Theory' in the top right text box, in the Export Testing Tools section
  • Run Export
Post here the CMC Metadata Exporter.log file that is generated in the program folder.

Don't forget to undo the changes you made to the CME Settings and Export Testing Tools.

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:13 pm

Paul,

Here is the export file. It is the Ninth Season that I is the issue. I can see it gets the same error as the seasons that I have not fixed yet but I did the same process to load the MPLS and in this case I even went as far as to delete and rerip both discs.

Thanks,

Kevin
Attachments
CMC Metadata Exporter.log
(75.22 KiB) Downloaded 341 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:28 pm

That helps, thanks.

Next I need screenshots of My Movies Collection Management showing Discs and at least 1 Episode Mapping. Here are examples of what I want (from my own TBBT Season 9):

image.png
image.png (134.67 KiB) Viewed 9695 times
image.png
image.png (134.92 KiB) Viewed 9695 times

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Here is Disc 1.... Do you need Disc 2 as well?
Thanks,

Kevin
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (202.2 KiB) Viewed 9692 times
image.png
image.png (547.63 KiB) Viewed 9692 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (229.65 KiB) Viewed 9692 times
image.png
image.png (634.54 KiB) Viewed 9692 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (176.65 KiB) Viewed 9692 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:46 pm

The problem is you don't have any episodes mapped. Look again at my 2nd screenshot, which shows Season 9 Episodes 1 & 2 mapped. You need to do the same.

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Paul,

Thanks. I just went back and reread all of your tutorials on this topic and I think what I have decided is exactly what you put in there, mapping all of these episodes would be incredibly time consuming and I am not sure I would still get it right.

If I understand this correctly, if I manually read the Disc ID I have no choice but to map the episodes. Is that correct?

If the answer to the above is yes, is there a way for me to pull down just the mapping from what is in the MyMovies Database? I realize some are corrupt but I would think not all of them.

Like Big Bang Theory and Game of Thrones. I headed down this path not understanding what I was doing (my fault) and have lost the mappings to most of both of those.

It's interesting as I didn't touch Game of Thrones Season 2 and it works perfectly. "View Episodes" comes up and then lists the 10 Seasons and I can pick and it works. Where I reread the disc ID's on the rest they are obviously not mapped anymore and the chances of me doing that are slim to none (way too time consuming). Is there anyway for me to get the mappings back from the other 6 seasons so they work like Season 2 (I didn't map Season 2 and it works).

Thanks,

Kevin