Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] Cannot Update Registery

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
pks

[Resolved] Cannot Update Registery

Post by pks » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:38 am

Paul,
I have a link to CMC in my Windows 10 Pro taskbar and before upgrading to v3.x I had my remote programmed to run CMC by clicking the green Windows button.
I am not able to launch CMC anymore. In Settings, in MCE Remote Configuration, I have Button to Launch CMC set to green (actually I’ve tried them all). For Update Registry it reads Registry Update Needed. But when I reboot, or even cold boot, it still reads Registry Update Needed. This is the case even when I have launched as Run as Administrator.

Pauven

Re: Cannot Update Registery

Post by Pauven » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:44 am

Hi Pete,

Based upon your summary, my guess is that you are not actually performing the update.

After running as Administrator, you have to actually click the "Update Registry (Registry Update Needed) button (it's not just text to read, it does the update when you select it).

Also, keep in mind that I designed the Settings to require two clicks (not a double-click, but two separate clicks) to perform an action. The first mouse click selects the setting, turning it white, and displays helpful instructions in the bottom window. The second click performs the action. This is similar to navigating with the keyboard arrow keys or remote, as you first navigate to the setting (turning it white and displaying the help), and then you press Enter/OK to perform the action. Sorry if you already knew this, just trying to cover all bases.

When you click the Update Registry button, you will get a pop-up message indicating it is done and for you to reboot.

image.png
image.png (87.33 KiB) Viewed 5728 times
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:05 pm

I have updated the text (in all languages) for the next version to hopefully make it apparent that this is a button. My design here has been lacking from the beginning, and I've had to go through several rounds of improvements (and more are needed). If this is what stumped you, you are definitely not the first.

image.png
image.png (17.54 KiB) Viewed 5727 times

pks

Post by pks » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 pm

Thanks Paul.
I had not recognized the “Update Registry” display line as a button. I now have successfully updated the registry and I am able to launch CMC with my remote. For me, I needed to set the “Button to launch CMC” to “Windows”.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:10 am

Awesome, glad that it all it was. I think I have another button in the Settings that is similarly confusing: ISO Mounting Options > Disable Windows DVD/Blu-ray Autoplay. I probably need to make the same tweak to put "Click to..." in front of it.