Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] My Movies Link

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
RKEP

[Resolved] My Movies Link

Post by RKEP » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi Paul

Upto now I have disregarded this but now I am more familiar and have progressed in setting myself up, I thought you might be able to assist.

In My Movies Collection Management I set my TV Series as "Other" because I want them set up as a normal box set in CMC. When I sync some of these titles are coming up with an error saying they are labeled as "TV Series" and not "Other" and I need to assign a tv series. I have double checked and they are set as "Other" so I don't know why this is happening. Luckily CMC automatically assigns them as "Other" so its not a problem per say.

Having said that something isn't right and just in case something does get affected by this issue, I was hoping it could be resolved.

Thanks

Richard

Pauven

Re: My Movies Link

Post by Pauven » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:53 pm

Hey Richard,

The "TV Series" value is in the metadata that is coming from My Movies (either direct or via CME). I would need to see the metadata files produced for one of these series to be sure what is going on.

One idea is that even though you have changed the Media Type in My Movies, some previously exported metadata files indicating a TV Series are still in your media folders, so you might need to make sure you remove any old metadata files in the folders to prevent this result.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Re: My Movies Link

Post by RKEP » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:51 am

Hi Paul

You're right, I deleted the xml files and it has rectified the errors. Case Closed, thanks

Best Regards

Richard

Pauven

Re: [Resolved] My Movies Link

Post by Pauven » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 pm

Excellent. Thanks for letting me know.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter