Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v3.4] FanArt & Certification

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
RKEP

[Fixed in v3.4] FanArt & Certification

Post by RKEP » Sun May 17, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi Paul

Not sure why I didn't notice this before?! When a single title is loading iso and launching PowerDVD the FanArt disapears. When it is a title from in a box set the FanArt stays??? I would like it to stay on single titles aswell?

Also I noticed that unless the certification matches an American one it comes up with unrated, i.e. PG even on a UK title comes up because its also an American Cert but a UK 18 wouldn't because Americans don't have an 18 Cert. Please could we have certification to represent the country movie release. thanks

Best regards

Richard

Pauven

Re: FanArt & Certification

Post by Pauven » Sun May 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Both are on the list.

I've been planning some enhancements to the launching process for a while, including the artwork disappearing issue.

This past year I added support for international ratings, but have yet to add all the artwork for them. But what you describe doesn't sound exactly right to me. The international ratings should show a similar US rating. Can you provide an example, and include the mmTitle.xml file for that move?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Mon May 18, 2020 4:34 am

Hi Paul

Please find attached. As you can see both titles are UK, Wicker Park is a 12 and is displayed as unrated as America dosent have a 12 cert. The Golden Child is PG and is displayed as America does have a PG cert. Thx

Best Regards

Richard
Attachments
Wicker Park (MM).PNG
Wicker Park (MM).PNG (486.97 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
Wicker Park (Details).jpg
Wicker Park (Details).jpg (451.61 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
Wicker Park.xml
(11.96 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
The Golden Child (MM).PNG
The Golden Child (MM).PNG (457.42 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
The Golden Child (Details).jpg
The Golden Child (Details).jpg (287.84 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
The Golden Child.xml
(11.38 KiB) Downloaded 322 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon May 18, 2020 9:29 am

Thanks for getting back to me Richard.

I checked it out, and it seems my memory has failed me a bit. While I did add some support for international ratings, I hadn't made it as far as I thought. CMC correctly determines the international rating for this movie, but then fails to find a corresponding US rating image to show for it. When this happens, CMC defaults to showing Unrated.

I'm going to put this as the highest priority for the next release. I knew I still had to add the international rating images, but I didn't realize this was so badly broken. :shock:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Paul

Pauven

Re: [Broken in v3.3] FanArt & Certification

Post by Pauven » Mon May 18, 2020 11:00 am

I have fixed the underlying issue (screenshot below), and at the same time added support for showing rating images from all regions. My next step is to create all of the other region images.

image.png
image.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 6511 times

I don't know if Binnerup is correct on this or not, but in their data they only have TV rating names for the United States (i.e. TV Y, TV Y7, TV G, TV PG, TV 14, TV MA). Do you know if the UK has their own TV Ratings, or should I use the US values?

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Mon May 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi Paul

I'm not 100% about this as I don't have WMC anymore but I think, and in my opinion this looks better aswell, that they used the Certification Icons for the UK, i.e. red circle with 18 in for Cert 18 and yellow triangle with PG in for Cert PG etc. I cannot honestly remember for other countries but whatever Icons they use would be my preference.

Best regards

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon May 18, 2020 12:04 pm

Are you saying they used the movie rating icons for TV series too? I'm only asking about TV.

And this isn't a WMC question, this is a UK question.

Here in the US, we have different ratings/icons for TV vs. Film.

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Mon May 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi Paul

Sorry misread the last post. The UK uses the same system for TV as Movies

Best regards

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon May 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Excellent, thanks.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 pm

I've added the United Kingdom rating icons to the next version of CMC:

image.png
image.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 6472 times

Actually, I went a step further, and I've added all of the rating icons for all regions supported in My Movies. This was a lot of work, but I think it is worth it. About half the icons I had to recreate from scratch, as I couldn't find high enough resolutions online. And some countries, like Sweden, don't even have icons, so I made them up as needed.

Below is a grid showing all the rating icons for CMC. Note that the columns are according to the internal "Rating ID" index values in My Movies Collection Management, so there are a few oddly ordered icons like the New Zealand 'R', but that is a Binnerup design choice, not mine.

I also find it interesting how much variance there is from country to country. Movies watched by 9 year old children in Belgium, the Netherlands and Norway are rated for 14 year-olds in Canada. Though perhaps Binnerup's rating index doesn't always accurately convert from one country to another.

image.png
image.png (555.02 KiB) Viewed 6472 times

If anyone sees any incorrect icons, please let me know.