Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v3.5] MyMovies.XML files not being generated

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: MyMovies.XML files not being generated

Post by Pauven » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:17 pm

I've successfully replicated the missing artwork on discless movies issue. It appears to be a bug - just a simple typo. I think this must have been introduced 2-3 versions ago when I redid the XML parsing logic. I just fixed it and successfully imported a cover. This fix will be in the v3.5 Beta 1 I'm packaging up right now.

There's still a secondary issue - it only imported on a Full Sync. The JPG artwork showing up is not triggering an updated during the SmartSync, so I'll have to diagnose that issue and find a fix.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

ScareDcrow

Post by ScareDcrow » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Great, then I just need to be in the Beta group please :-)

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:13 pm

I've added you to the Prerelease testers group. Beta 1 is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=352
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

ScareDcrow

Post by ScareDcrow » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:21 pm

So for anyone looking at this thread because they have the same issue.
In summary, my problem was that for some reason mymovies was making the mymovies.xml files as hidden files. You can only see them in file explorer if you click the "Hidden Files" on the View Tab.
Solution was to map a drive to my file share (right-click on it in file explorer) and then in a command window, access that drive and in the root use the command "attrib *.* -H /s"
WARNING ... This makes ALL hidden files on the share unhidden. And you might get messages that some system files cannot be unhidden (which is fine)

Other than that, v3.5 solved the last issue of importing the images into CMC

I have asked in the mymovies forum why these files were being made hidden but more to see if it can be solved for anyone else. I don't plan on having any more disc-less movies so my problem is permanently solved (and actually I am happy that my disc-less movies have mymovies.xml files and my discs do not - which is just a lucky outcome of how I stored my media into separate shares)

I still have a random problem of mymovies not showing my external server credentials but Pauven gave me an alternate way to manage that via the folder monitoring page in mymovies.