Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Answered] Sync Issues Since Update to 3.5

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
RKEP

[Answered] Sync Issues Since Update to 3.5

Post by RKEP » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:20 am

Hi Paul

Just got back from sea again and installed latest version. I have set my Bluray TV series up using Other in My Movies so that they can be set up the same way as Movie Box Sets but now I am getting "View Episodes" in the List. I have deleted the xml files so they could reset but it didn't work. The strange thing is all my series are set up the same but the "View Episodes" hasn't appeared in all of them. Using the last version I didn't have any issues but now I also have alot of missing MPLS, although it dosent appear to stop my setup working so far as I've noticed at the moment. Hope you can assist as its set up like movie Box Sets I'm a bit confused??? Thanks

Best Regards

Richard
Attachments
Arrow.jpg
Arrow.jpg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 2946 times

Pauven

Re: Sync Issues Since Update to 3.5

Post by Pauven » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Hey Richard, hope your tour went well.

I do recall that you use 'Other' as the Media Type to override CMC showing the enhanced TV Series view, as you prefer the legacy disc based view.

The 'View Episodes' option is displayed automatically when the episodes are mapped in My Movies Collection Management (on the Discs). This is not a new behavior, it has been there a long time. As to why you are seeing a change now: either users have contributed episode mappings that were missing before (and your local DB has updated with those contributions), or a bug I fixed in CME is processing them now where before they might have been skipped. If you are seeing the 'View Episodes' option, even for non 'TV Series' media types, then CMC is working as designed.

As to the missing MPLS #'s, there's a two part answer on that. First, MPLS #'s are required to directly play episodes (or movies) on Blu-ray discs. But there is or was a bug in the My Movies online service that caused MPLS #'s to disappear on a lot of discs. The only way to fix that is to delete and re-add the disc, thereby re-scanning the title/chapter structure off the disc. Supposedly Binnerup has fixed the bug, though this is unconfirmed, but the damage has already been done. Now that you have more discs showing with episodes, if they are Blu-ray and are missing the MPLS #'s, you get this error message to help you work on fixing the issue.

The second part of the answer is that in the current CMC version I made a tweak in processing disc info, reading in the My Movie's Disc ID of every disc. A side effect of this tweak is that now each disc is being processed by the episodes logic (even if they are not TV Series). If you have a Blu-ray movie for which you or someone mapped the Title/Chapter of the main or secondary movie, and the My Movies MPLS bug hit blowing away the MPLS #'s, then CMC is now reporting this same issue but for movies.

I had a couple users for whom this was a big impact, which caught me off-guard. I only have a couple films in my collection that have the primary film title/chapter mapped, so seeing the error for a couple films was no big deal. For these users, they have hundreds of films that are mapped.

I know that might seem like a new bug, but actually it is part of a new feature for a future CMC version. Instead of loading up a DVD/Blu-ray menu (and sitting through all of the trailers and adverts), you can specify in MM the primary and secondary movie playlists, and CMC will be able to start playback of the selected movie directly. I've had several users want this capability, so it is definitely coming. The change here is that, though MM users have mapped the primary/secondary movie locations for a lot of discs, until now CMC was ignoring this data. Now CMC is looking at it, even if it isn't making use of it just yet.

If you prefer to only play discs, and never directly episodes or movies, then my best advice is to make sure that these are not mapped in My Movies.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks for the info, now I understand. I have removed the "View Episodes" and everything is working how I like it in the legacy view.

Best Regards

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:53 am

Hey Richard,

I know we originally chatted about this via email, but I wanted to post this to the forum and thought this would be a good spot.

When you had first mentioned wanting to disable the enhanced TV Series view, I gave you the workaround of setting the Media Type to "Other" instead of "TV Serie" in My Movies.

I've just implemented a better solution. You can now disable Settings > Display Settings > Enhanced TV Series View, and selecting a TV Series will open the Box View to view the discs. This will be in CMC v3.6, due out any day now.

image.png
image.png (153.16 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi Paul

That is great! I made a backdrop which said TV series on it as part of the work around but I do like to use things properly so I really appreciate this thankyou.

Best Regards

Richard