Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

TV Legacy View

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
RKEP

TV Legacy View

Post by RKEP » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:28 am

Hi Paul

I've just downloaded ver 3.6 but unfortunately I'm having a issue with the TV series legacy view. I have disabled the enhanced view and changed in MM "Other" to "TV" (I havent selected a specific series only TV), deleted the XML files etc and even labled the series offline and synced so the series wasn't there and then relinked the series and synced again. Whatever I do the series still appears in the "Other" section and not "TV"??? Am I doing something wrong or is there an issue? thanks

Best Regards

Richard

Pauven

Re: TV Legacy View

Post by Pauven » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 am

Did you try a Full Sync?

It's also possible you have an orphaned XML file that you missed deleting. There was a bug in CME v1.6 that some TV Series metadata was written to the wrong folder. This is fixed in CME v2.0, but that also means it won't overwrite the old XML file since it is writing to a different location.

CME has a built-in metadata cleaner tool, I recommend you use it to remove the mmTitle.xml/mmSeries.xml/mmEpisode.xml files for all of your TV Series.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi Paul

As I don't need CME using Legacy view I wasn't aware of the Clean Up Tool, so thanks for the advice.

It turns out that the problem I was having was that I only selecteted TV series in MM and not the actual series itself. Now that I have done this it works. One thing puzzling me though and not a big issue because its easy to work around and with the future Catagory View and "Fading In" FanArt I think this will make what I do redundant anyway.

For My Box Sets I have been making a copy of the Box Set title and inserting it in to the Box Set along with the Season Titles. I had to give it a video link or it wouldn't work so just created a Fanart slideshow for it. The reason for this is as we don't have "Fading In" Fanart yet I have to open the Title to see the Fanart but with a Box set the Set only opened the Season titles. By adding a copy, it is in the Box Set along with the Season titles and I can view as normal.

Now the thing I am curious about is that the TV Legacy View also includes the Main Box Set Title in the Set. So with the senario I've stated above I now have 2 Box Set Titles in the Set but this one dosent need a video it just does nothing when you hit play?

As I said not really an issue because I don't have to add a copy now but I still do for Movies. I don't think anything needs to be done here as like I said when you have implimented "Fade In" Fanart it will be a redundant issue because I won't need to do this. I just assumed this would work the same way the movies work, and also thought it may interest you if you were not aware of this!

Thanks

Best Regards

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Hey Richard,

Ah, yes, that makes sense. The TV Series processing is looking for an associated TV Series. And most of the time there will be one associated when you add a new series using online sources. I guess you lost these assignments when you overrode the media type to "Other". Assigning the actual TV Series should ensure the TV Series poster is available for cover artwork. I recommend you re-assign all the TV Series.

You lost me a bit on the Box Sets, but hopefully this will give you the info you need:

In CMC, there is a Box Set view, which is a separate page that shows all the discs that belong to that group. This Box Set view is used by both actual Box Sets (obvious enough) and TV Series (which are not necessarily Box Sets) when you are viewing TV Series as Discs.

I did not realize that you were manually making your TV Series look like Box Sets. I guess you had to with Media Type "Other". You should not be doing this for TV Series, as CMC will automatically make it look like a Box Set if it is a TV Series and you are viewing as Discs (either through the "View Discs" button in the Enhanced TV Series View, or by disabling the Enhanced TV Series View as you are doing).

By manually wrapping TV Series inside a Box Set, then CMC ends up wrapping a Box Set inside a Box Set View, which is the issue you are experiencing.

One neat thing about TV Series is that CMC will automatically join all the various discs into a single Box Set View, even if they are from different sets. For example, I have "The Office" combining multiple Season sets, with some Seasons on DVD, some on Blu-ray. But because they all belong to TV Series "The Office", CMC automatically groups them together inside the TV Series Box Set View.

Hope that helps.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter