Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Offline Discs not updating

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
clmber

Re: Offline Discs not updating

Post by clmber » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:14 pm

When upgrading MM I shut down CCC and let it automatically restart after the server reboot. I should re-read them again.

I noticed that the system does a full sync on Thursday nights once a week. Is that necessary? I haven't really noticed that it wasn't keeping things up to date outside of this scenerio.

Pauven

Re: Offline Discs not updating

Post by Pauven » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:55 pm

clmber wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:14 pm When upgrading MM I shut down CCC and let it automatically restart after the server reboot. I should re-read them again.
Definitely read all the way through the tutorials, at the very least the blue TL;DR sections. Just about everything we discussed in this thread was covered in the tutorials.

That said, I don't specifically call out that you should stop exporting from My Movies when doing things like an upgrade. I'm not sure how important that is, as the upgrade brings down the service anyway, but the final step of an upgrade does upgrade the DB, so I would expect API errors (or possibly bad API data) during this phase.

I've discovered myself that if I'm doing lots of collection edits while exports are running, sometimes performance grinds to a halt - My Movies is single threaded and just can't handle a lot of simultaneous activity coming from multiple directions. Again, I don't specifically call out that you should stop exporting during this time, to each their own, but I do recommend it.

clmber wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:14 pm I noticed that the system does a full sync on Thursday nights once a week. Is that necessary? I haven't really noticed that it wasn't keeping things up to date outside of this scenerio.
The answer you seek is in here: 401 - Final CCC Configuration <- IMPORTANT!!!
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter