Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[RESOLVED] Ghost titles: How do I remove them.

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

[RESOLVED] Ghost titles: How do I remove them.

Post by Teddyboy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:46 pm

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm not able to find the post. I was able to sync to the new CCC database, but I came up with two title that that are blank, but they are duplicates of titles that are already there. It's like they are ghost titles if that make sense. How do I get rid of them.
Last edited by Teddyboy on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: Ghost titles: How do I remove them.

Post by Pauven » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 am

I don't recall this ever being discussed. Sounds like a new issue. I'm having a hard time visualizing the issue, can you provide screenshots?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:23 pm

I figured it out. The ghost titles are blank titles in collection management. They display as a black cover with a question mark in the middle of the cover. There where two titles that were like that. I went into collection management and deleted them as they where not attached to anything. Once the records where deleted a resync in CMC removed them from the movie display.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:51 am

Gotcha, that makes perfect sense now.

That's one of the new features in CCC, to be able to delete titles from My Movies and have it also remove from CMC. This triggers a Full Sync in CMC, as that was the most efficient way for me to make some disappear.

Related to removing titles from My Movies, there is a minor bug in CCC v4.1 that if there's a good connection to the My Movies API, but the API's response status is "failure", then CCC will end up removing all titles. I know that sounds scary, but it's really just an annoyance and you have to do another Full Export. I've just fixed this for v4.2 which should be out soon.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter