Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[RESOLVED] Cannot find path when clicking on front-back covers

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

[RESOLVED] Cannot find path when clicking on front-back covers

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:41 am

Hi Paul,
Welp! Another issue came up. I wanted to watch a movie this morning, and I decided to watch Space Amoeba. Don't laugh! I wanted to look at the front and back covers and as you can see I get this from CMC. This happens for a number of DVD and Blu-Rays. The last one is a slightly different error, but I think they may be related. First three are DVDs. The last one is a blue ray. The paths are correct as the movie will play without giving a error. I looked at the individual titles in MyMovies and verified that the paths are correct. One title is offline, but that shouldn't matter as I was just looking at the front and back covers. I tried optimizing the database in MyMovies and then did a full sync in CMC, but there was no change.
space amoeba front error.png
space amoeba front error.png (841.25 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
space amoeba back error.png
space amoeba back error.png (1.41 MiB) Viewed 2977 times
Front-back cover error.png
Front-back cover error.png (10.07 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
Mad Monster Party Blue Ray Back error.png
Mad Monster Party Blue Ray Back error.png (35.91 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
Last edited by Teddyboy on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: Cannot find path when clicking on front-back covers

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:56 pm

Teddyboy wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:41 amI decided to watch Space Amoeba. Don't laugh!
Sorry, I LOL!

Help me remember, are you using CME or CCC? I'm thinking you're using CCC, but don't want to assume anything.

It's possible that you exited CMC before allowing the full artwork sync to finish (Sync icon spinning with a JPG indicator), in which case a Full Sync from CMC might resolve the issue.

When CMC can't find artwork locally, it will go back to the server for it, in which case this looks like the CME path and not the CCC path, and I thought we had you going on CCC, in which case this might be a bug in CMC.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:02 pm

I’m running CCC since I upgraded. I never did remove the metadata files created by CME. I just left them there. I think CCC just ignores them. I did do a full sync, and it didn’t correct the issue. I’ll try again to make sure. I did wait for the full sync to finish.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:58 pm

So are you arrowing over to the front/back covers, and then pressing OK (or Enter)? The error message suggests you are doing that.

I just tested this myself, and got a really weird result. When I arrow over, the correct cover displays, but when I press Enter, a different (wrong) cover shows!

The design intent is that you arrow over to the covers to show them, arrow away to hide them. Alternatively, they respond correctly to touch/mouse clicks. I don't think I ever intended for them to respond to Enter/OK, but they obviously are responding and doing something wrong, which might explain the errors you are seeing.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:22 pm

I've made a code change for the next v4.2 beta to disable the Enter/OK button on the Front/Back covers in the Movie Details view. This was old code and shouldn't have been active.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:50 pm

Yes that exactly what I’m doing, and that weird result you got was the same result that I got as well. I just forgot to put that in when I was writing about the other error. I was just about to make a separate thread about that. Now I don’t need too!

Space Amoeba thanks you.