Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Jriver player remote commands

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

Jriver player remote commands

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:59 pm

I haven’t looked at jriver yet, but I wanted to ask Jamie specifically. Is it possible to mask some of the buttons on the MCE remote so they don’t do anything? An example is the tv button. When I press that it, jriver drops out of display view and into theatre view completely stopping playback. I just want a limited amount of buttons for playback and menu navigation.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Jamie

Re: Jriver player remote commands

Post by Jamie » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:04 pm

I don't use a remote any more I use a wireless keyboard with touchpad now. I wish Paul would complete the programming of allowing people to use a mouse for Clicking on covers. "hint" hint :) I think you might be able to fix the remote features by using an app that Paul had a link to on the earliest versions of the web site if you use a MCE remote.

Paul has a description of using hot keys at this spot on the CMC site. It also has documentation on programing a remote but does not mention that app that I use to use with CMC.

https://chamconsoft.com/cmc/getting-started/

Check the documents under these getting started links.

7) Creating Shortcuts / Hotkeys to Launch CMC
8) MCE Remote Configuration

9) Help, I can't close PowerDVD / DVDFab Player / MPC / VLC / JRiver
10) Advanced Universal Remote Programming - CMC Hotkeys

9) might help you the most

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:41 pm

Jamie wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:04 pm Paul has a description of using hot keys at this spot on the CMC site. It also has documentation on programing a remote but does not mention that app that I use to use with CMC.
That app is AdvancedMCERemoteMapper. I used to have documentation on the old site for using it, and I learned how to code the MCE Remote Configuration in CMC by reviewing the public source code.

I used to have some documentation on the old site for this tool, but it didn't survive the redesign.

I was thinking this tool would be the answer too, but thought I would wait to see what Jamie had to suggest. You can think of AdvancedMCERemoteMapper as a power-user's version of what CMC has built-in.

If you're on Win10, then you can use the tool to remap the TV button (for example) to do anything else you want, including nothing. This would affect all of Windows, and CMC, not just JRiver.

One thing to be cognizant of is that both CMC and AdvancedMCERemoteMapper update the exact same registry settings, and you could override CMC's settings with AdvancedMCERemoteMapper, or vice-versa.

Also, it will suffer from the same issue that CMC has, Win10 seasonal updates revert the registry to default values, so you'd have to launch AdvancedMCERemoteMapper and update the registry each time that happens.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:43 pm

I think this might be what you’re talking about. Advanced MCE Remote Mapper:
https://www.howtogeek.com/247332/how-t ... ce-remote/
There is a thread on the Kodi Forum where you can download it.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164252

I’ve used it before and it works. Don’t recall why I stopped using it. Takes a little effort to configure it, but it works. It never caused a issue with WMC or CMC. Source code is available on GitHub.

Paul beat me to it! Yep I would have to put back the remote changes to the registry with windows seasonal updates, but the cmc experience is ruined when I press the wrong button and it takes me out of the interface. For me that’s a big downside.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:56 pm

I'm not opposed to making CMC's MCE Remote Configurator better, so if you have a punch-list of additional functionality required to achieve the result you want, post it here and I can consider it.

I have been thinking lately that I'd like to make the MCE Remote Configuration more capable anyway. What I programmed was the bare minimum required to get a good experience with CMC, and that leaves a lot of ground between "bare minimum" and "freakin' awesome".

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:43 pm

Awesome Paul! I’ll start taking a look at it when I get some time. :D

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:34 pm

I found the AdvancedMCERemoteMapper files deep in my Desktop archive. I have placed it in my CMC archive and MMBrowser archive where I will be able to find the answer to your or other peoples questions a lot faster and more concisely.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:06 pm

Jamie wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:04 pm I don't use a remote any more I use a wireless keyboard with touchpad now. I wish Paul would complete the programming of allowing people to use a mouse for Clicking on covers. "hint" hint :)
I was paying attention. I have added touch to the DVD covers for v4.3. Seems to work well.

I still need to add some type of arrow buttons for scrolling full pages.

Support for any type of drag scrolling will have to wait for a complete redesign of the cover code, if I decide that is in scope.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:03 pm

Pauven wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:06 pm
Jamie wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:04 pm I don't use a remote any more I use a wireless keyboard with touchpad now. I wish Paul would complete the programming of allowing people to use a mouse for Clicking on covers. "hint" hint :)
I was paying attention. I have added touch to the DVD covers for v4.3. Seems to work well.

I still need to add some type of arrow buttons for scrolling full pages.

Support for any type of drag scrolling will have to wait for a complete redesign of the cover code, if I decide that is in scope.
That's great news. I was just looking for the ability to click on the covers. Thank you. I sort my titles in a particular way so the I can type the beginning of the titles and select the covers by clicking them. No scrolling needed for this type of navigation but others might disagree. At least I'll be happy.!!