Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[UPDATED JUNE 2, 2018] Microsoft is Blocking Emails from ChamConSoft.com

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

[UPDATED JUNE 2, 2018] Microsoft is Blocking Emails from ChamConSoft.com

Post by Pauven » Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 am

In mid March, I moved MM Browser to a new web server using the ChamConSoft.com domain. The new web server is hosted by Amazon (AWS).

Shortly after the move, I started noticing that a lot of emails from the server were not getting through to the recipients using Microsoft various email solutions. I started troubleshooting immediately, and originally thought that the problem was missing SPF/DKIM/DMARC records. If you don't know what these are, don't worry, neither did I. The short story is that these records ensure that any emails from ChamConSoft.com are legitimately from my server or me, and not from some spammer impersonating my domain.

I've mostly got the SPF/DKIM/DMARC records configured (still a few small issues to iron out), but surprisingly I found that these measures did not resolve the issue with Microsoft provided emails.

Finally, I discovered the problem: Microsoft has blocked entire ranges of Amazon provided IP addresses, including the IP address for the ChamConSoft.com server. Here's a sample reject notice they send:
... while talking to hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com.:
>>> MAIL From:<MMBrowser@chamconsoft.com> SIZE=2236
<<< 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [35.173.146.123] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [DM3NAM03FT033.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
I have opened up a ticket with Microsoft to resolve the issue, but as of right now I cannot even guess when this will be resolved. My recommendation is that if you have other, non-Microsoft provided email accounts, use one of those.

The problem affects:
  • @hotmail.com
  • @office.com
  • @live.com
  • @exchange.com
  • and any other domains hosted by Microsoft.

This will cause two problems on this website:

1)First, when purchasing a MM Browser license key, the key will not be automatically delivered. Don't worry though, as I monitor for this and manually send the key when this happens.

2)You will have trouble both registering on the forum, and receiving notifications from the forum. If you have these problems, please send a support request to me for help. The best thing to do for now is to use a non-Microsoft affiliated email account.

Hopefully I will have these issues resolved in the near future, though I felt it was best to disclose these issues for all to know.

Paul

UPDATE (June 2, 2018):

Microsoft has removed the block. It may take a couple days for all mail servers to update, though my test emails to hotmail are now going through.

Currently the emails are landing in the SPAM or JUNK folder, so be sure to look in those folders for emails, and please be sure to click NOT SPAM so the Microsoft servers can learn.

I'm continuing to tweak settings that should improve the situation, but this will take time, and at least the most critical step is complete.

If anyone encounters issues receiving emails from MM Browser (either the license key purchase or from the forum) please fill out a support request.

Thanks,
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter