Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Considering New App - Hotkey Monitor

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

Re: Considering New App - Hotkey Monitor

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:34 am

How’s your progress been on your skunk works project. Checking in! 😉
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:28 pm

No progress. :( Life keeps getting in the way. Soon.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:28 pm

So how has your progress been? :)
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:36 pm

To be honest, I've been taking an extended mental break from programming. Each day I tell myself that tomorrow I'll get back into it, and then each new day I feel a bit overwhelmed at the idea of trying to figure out where I was 6 weeks ago to pick back up on development. Instead, I've let my energies flow into other projects.

Nothing to worry about, I've been here before, and I always find my way back. Part of the solution is completing other projects which will allow my mind to focus where I want to focus it.

The good news (to me, at least) is that CMC is chugging along working well for users, with only minor support requests the past few months. This is a fairly remarkable milestone, as at one point in time I was spending more time supporting users than developing CMC.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:07 pm

Yep been there done that. No worries. That’s really good news on the CMC support front for you. It’s pretty stable and it hasn’t really caused any show stopper issues for me. The only other issues I’m having are windows related. Sometimes the ir receiver doesn’t respond to the remote, and I have to unplug it and plug it back into the usd port to get it working again. A hdmi issue. On my old board the hdmi audio would be active. It’s not like that now even though the panel display is active.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:13 pm

With the MCE remote receiver I would have it stop responding a lot. Most of the time I would just reboot to fix it. A real pain. Sometimes the Inteset stops too, but it's pretty rare. With it being internal, a manual reboot is the only solution. Has only happened maybe once in the past 6-months, so not bad at all.

Regarding HDMI audio, assuming it's not a driver issue, here's a tip that might help. Open up your audio properties to find all your output devices, and right-click and disable all of the ones you don't want to use, only leave your HDMI audio enabled. This has helped me a ton on one of my PC's that kept changing my audio output to a device that wasn't even hooked up.