Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Considering New App - Hotkey Monitor

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: Considering New App - Hotkey Monitor

Post by Pauven » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:54 am

Turns out I wasn't as close to being finished as I hoped. In testing I found several more items that needed to be resolved.

I just tested disabling the Windows HID input for the MCE remote, and it works exactly as expected - the remote is completely disabled except for the buttons programmed into CMC's new remote handler. This means even basic buttons like the directional arrows and OK no longer work unless they have been configured in CMC. This is really cool though a tad overwhelming - soooooo many buttons to configure.

I think my design works well with HID being disabled, as the Global mode allows you to configure the arrow button for all modes, so each button only has to be configured once if it has the same behavior everywhere. I'm working on doing a baseline Global configuration now for use with HID disabled.

Additionally, I've still got a few bugs to fix. Doubtful that I'll have a beta for release today, but definitely will have something by this weekend if not earlier.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter