Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Upgraded to 4.2

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

Upgraded to 4.2

Post by Teddyboy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi Paul,
I just wanted to let you know how my upgrade went this morning. I had a issue pop up with CMC giving me a socket error 1001 I think that's what it displayed. That it couldn't connect to the server because there was not internet connection. I had to hard boot my HTPC two times time and CMC was able to connect and upgrade. I'm not sure why it was complaining because I opened up IE and it had no problem with internet connection. I didn't have this problem when I upgraded to 4.1. Maybe it was just a one off thing.

I didn't upgrade CCC on purpose as I wanted to see what CMC would do. It complained that the versions where incompatible and would not access the DB. Once I stopped CCC on my server and replaced it with 4.2 and restarted it CMC immediately connected. I watched it connect to CCC as I was remoted into my server. It made two successful connections to upgrade the DB. It didn't take long to do.

I did have one issue not related to the upgrade that has been on going. Sometimes when the backdrops are rotating, CMC has a difficult time coming out of screensaver mode and back to the movie wall. Sometimes it can take several button presses for it to come out of it. Other times it can take more the just a couple of button presses on the remote.

The upgrade was successful.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: Upgraded to 4.2

Post by Pauven » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:49 pm

I was doing some web server maintenance yesterday, and deleted a lot of previous version CMC zip files, and accidentally deleted many that were needed. I think that was the cause of the socket error you received. I fixed that late this morning, which is probably when it started working for you.

The behavior with rejecting the non-upgraded CCC connection is working as designed, so that's good.

Can you give me any steps to try to replicate the screensaver resume issue? For example, does this only happen after returning from watching a movie, or does it happen if you are browsing, sit idle, let the screensaver start, and then browse?

What settings are you using for screensavers? Parental Restrictions? Unwatched Only? Anything else?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Re: Upgraded to 4.2

Post by Teddyboy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:47 pm

Okay then that probably explains the socket error because CMC is not being blocked by windows firewall on my end.

The lag on coming out of screen saver mode occurs when we I’ve left it alone for a while. It happens more when it’s idle. It’s occurred occasionally when I’ve watched a movie and left left it in pause long enough for the screensaver kick in. There are no parental restrictions. It’s vanilla CMC. Watched or unwatched does not appear to matter.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium