Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

CMC v4.2 Upgrade Fails when CCC running

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

CMC v4.2 Upgrade Fails when CCC running

Post by Jamie » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:09 pm

Hi Paul,

I have run into an issue upgrading CMC on my Server and leaving CCC running. On the server CMC fails to update and I have to unzip the CMC zip file manually. I have no issues with the CMC clients and if I remember to shutdown CCC before I say yes to the upgrade everything works fine. Is there a way to get CMC to shutdown CCC before running the upgrade?

Jamie

Pauven

Re: CMC v4.2 Upgrade Fails when CCC running

Post by Pauven » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:55 pm

Hey Jamie,

CMC is supposed to detect if CCC is running, and offer to shut it down.

Since you mentioned this is only happening on your server - let me take a wild guess: You don't normally run CMC on your server, and you're only running it to upgrade CCC. Plus you haven't configured CMC on your server to connect to CCC on the same PC.

If I'm right, then configuring CMC on your server to connect to CCC should resolve that issue.

Also, a simpler alternative could be just to copy the CCC folder from an upgraded CMC client to the server. That's what I do on my server, I don't actually have CMC running there, only CCC. I just copy the CCC folder from CMC onto the server manually.

Let me know.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter