Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Mouse pointer visible in cmc

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

Mouse pointer visible in cmc

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:18 am

Sometimes when I need to connect a mouse to my htpc, I usually forget to move the mouse off the screen before I disconnect the mouse. When I fail to do that the mouse is visible in the interface when I’m looking for a movie to watch. The mouse pointer doesn’t disappears when a player launches and a movie starts to play. I didn't see a option to hide the mouse pointer. Could you hide the mouse pointer when cmc is running.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: Mouse pointer visible in cmc

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:36 am

Please see here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=269&p=1946&hilit=cursor#p1946

Hiding the mouse cursor is easy, it's getting it back that's the hard part.

Though perhaps a new idea is instead of setting the cursor property to hidden, I simply move it off-screen. That might be just as effective and won't have the nasty side-effect of not appearing when you need it.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Re: Mouse pointer visible in cmc

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:19 pm

Thanks Paul. I’ll take a look. Worse case I’ll just have to remember to move the mouse off screen. It’s not very often that I have to hook up a keyboard and mouse.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium