Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Little Fox silent install default

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

Little Fox silent install default

Post by Teddyboy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:03 pm

Paul,
When I receive a notice from CMC that a new version is available, and I choose to have it downloaded and installed. Would it be possible to have it install in silent mode. The dialogue pop ups are not really needed and are hard to make them go away with a remote. It also barks at me because I don’t have a blu ray drive attached. I had to hard boot the htpc to clear them.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: Little Fox silent install default

Post by Pauven » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:51 pm

SS controls foxy's install process, so that's out of my hands, sorry. CMC simply launches it, with no further control.

I've found that if you simply hit the Close button on your remote a couple times, you can dismiss those messages. You can also affirm the Admin Rights prompt on install using the remote. I'm not sure how you are attempting to do this, but I have no trouble doing it with just the remote and the configured Close button.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:21 pm

There’s a command line switch that does a silent install. It’s setupxxxxxxx.exe /S
Replace setupxxxxxxx.exe with the proper executables name. :)
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:37 pm

I just checked my code, and it already uses the /S parameter for silent installs - that's as silent as it gets.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter