Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v4.3.2021.TBD] Unable to Play DVD folders

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
DreamCatcherVA

[Fixed in v4.3.2021.TBD] Unable to Play DVD folders

Post by DreamCatcherVA » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:38 am

I have a movie library made up of DVD folders. I just found this program hoping it will allow me to get rid of WMC on a Windows 8 machine in order to upgrade it to a Windows 10 machine without losing the ability to play the movie library which is configured using DVD folders.

After scanning folders and selecting a movie to play, I consistently receive the error [ CMC V42.2021.0203 Unable to run "" " network path of DVD movie folder" /fullscreen /close ]

Also note: the DVD folders do not have a "mymovies.xml file.... The folders have two xml files... one being "movie.XML". the other being "name of movie.dvdid.xml".

Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks!

Pauven

Re: Unable to Play DVD folders

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:14 am

Hi DreamCatcherVA, welcome! Happy to help.

DreamCatcherVA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:38 am Unable to run ""
Notice that in the message above, there is nothing inside the quotes. This indicates that whatever player you've configured for DVDs and/or Blu-rays is not installed.

While CMC can work with about 10 different players, from paid players like PowerDVD and JRiver to free players like MPC and VLC, you're responsible for installing the player(s) and configuring CMC for which player to use for each media type. CMC will not prevent you from selecting players which are not installed.

Also, be sure to restart CMC after installing a new player - CMC scans on startup to find all compatible installed players.

One more tip: in Settings > Licensing & About CMC, there's an option to display installed players diagnostic info - select that to see what players CMC has determined you have installed.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

DreamCatcherVA

Post by DreamCatcherVA » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:39 pm

Thanks for such a question response. I do have DVDFAB Player 6 installed. It was installed prior to installing CMC... The diagnostic says it's not installed?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:35 pm

What is the full filepath to "DVDFab Player 6.exe" on your PC?

DreamCatcherVA

Post by DreamCatcherVA » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:15 pm

The file path is C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab\Player 6

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:48 pm

Okay, that explains the issue. CMC is looking for it here:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Player6\DVDFab Player 6.exe
I'm not sure why your install location is different. Regardless, I'll add your location to the list of locations to check for the next version.

For a quicker resolution, the only thing I can think of is for you to re-install Player 6 in the path I listed above.

Another workaround: You should also install MPC-BE, it's needed for playing Movie Trailers, and you can use MPC in place of DVDFab Player 6 until CMC v4.3 comes out.