Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[RESOLVED] [PlayClick] EAccessViolation

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Redtarga

[RESOLVED] [PlayClick] EAccessViolation

Post by Redtarga » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 am

I have a recent issue with at least one TV series: It consists of several seasons, each on a different drive. Only the first season won't play episodes. Any episode, when clicked in CMC v4.2.2021.0203 produces this error: [PlayClick] EAccessViolation: Access Violation at address 00FA78F4 in module 'CMC.exe'. Read address of 00000000.

CCC v4.2.2021.0203 is running.

Other seasons' episodes launch MPC-BE as expected.

All of the Season 1 episodes play from within File Explorer so there's nothing wrong with the files. MMCM points to all Season 1 episodes correctly.

I've searched this forum for "[PlayClick] EAccessViolation" and found nothing so I believe this is a rare problem.

Thank you,

Michael

Redtarga

Re: [PlayClick] EAccessViolation

Post by Redtarga » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:53 am

I had forgotten to mention that I was able to play a different TV show located on the same drive as Season 1, so it doesn't seem to be a drive problem.

Redtarga

Post by Redtarga » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Though I did do a search, it didn't find anything, and I failed to use my eyes to notice a similar issue was recently posted. However, that was due to drive mapping issues. In my case all the drives are local, using USB drive boxes that hold four drives each. Plus, like I said, it can't be a drive problem since I was able to play a different TV show from the same drive.

Redtarga

Post by Redtarga » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Here's the log:

PlayClick Debug Log Generated 3/12/2021 10:06:11 AM with CMC v4.2.2021.0203
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** BEGIN OF PLAYCLICK DEBUG LOG ***
Validating Disc Location: K:\DVD and Blu-Ray\TV\Starsky & Hutch\Season 1\Disc 1
Path is not a network device.
Folder Does Not Exist
Folder may be on a Mapped Drive - Attempting to Refresh
Mapped Drive Refresh Failed - Disc Location Invalid
Season 1, Episode 2
MPLS , Title Number , Chapter Number , ISO Episode=False
Validating Disc Location:
Path is not a network device.
Folder Does Not Exist

Redtarga

Post by Redtarga » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:26 pm

After capturing the log I ran CME because the log showed the old location for the season. (I hadn't mentioned that I sorted and renamed the drives before all this. Drives that contained both DVR and DVD titles were rearranged so each drive was either a DVD or DVR drive). Opened CMC and the entire series failed to appear after a search. Guess I shouldn't have used CME.

Ran CCC limited to the series title and TV series only. It dutifully went through all the seasons of the series. Ran CMC and it started updating JPG artwork, but displayed only 1954 titles vs the approximately 4100 actual titles.

After artwork sync was completed I closed and restarted CMC. Finally, Season 1 episodes played. Unfortunately, about half the titles are still missing.

Started CCC Full Export with no title or TV series limitations. Will post results after the several hours I expect this to take.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:48 pm

Hey Michael,

Looks like you've made pretty good progress on your own. Good work on running the debug log and examining the playclick debug log file.

There is a known flaw with My Movies that if you do a mass file-path update, that does not trigger a changed record indicator, so CCC (and CME) don't see any changes, which means that the new paths do not get exported. I reported that to Binnerup a while back, but never saw any activity on it.

So what you are doing now, running a full export, is the correct and only solution after doing a mass update of file paths in My Movies.

I'm a little confused that you're working with both CME and CCC. While you can certainly use both programs, CMC will read data from only one of them, not both, depending upon which mode you configured for CMC. So if you've configured CMC for CCC, then it will never read in the CME data. I think it's still a good idea to use both, as I occasionally run CME to essentially create metadata backups in my media folders, but with CMC in CCC mode, the CME data doesn't get used at all.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Redtarga

Post by Redtarga » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Hey Paul,

I ran CME only because I was familiar with it and I was trepidatious about a running a full export with CCC. In other words, I have no sound argument!

It does seem odd to me that CMC failed to see all the titles after I ran CME because CMC must be configured to read CCC since it played season 1 properly after CCC was run. (Actually, I don't recall how I configured CMC and I don't want to check while CCC is running for fear of screwing things up).

None of this matters, though. I'll just remember not to use CME anymore, or possibly remove it from the HTPC since I don't use it to create metadata backups. I use GuruSquad RichCopy 360 which I configured to copy all but video files to another drive. That way I can ensure all data, including JPGs, are preserved in a location other than the video drives.

Thanks for stepping in, Paul. I'll get back to you if the full CCC export doesn't fix it.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:40 pm

You can safely run and configure CMC while a CCC full export is running - when CMC pings CCC, CCC will respond that it is busy doing a full export, and CMC will just not be able to get new data until the full export is done.

Not sure why some of your titles disappeared after running CME - if I had to guess I'd say that was pure coincidence, or possibly that you allowed CME and CCC to run at the same time, which can cause problems as My Movies is single-threaded and cannot handle multiple concurrent requests.

Nothing to fear about running a full-export with CCC, it's really smart. It will even queue up the new data until the export is fully finished, so that if something goes wrong it reverts back to the previous state. In fact, out of the box CCC is configured to run a full export weekly (though you can change or disable that). The only downside to a full export is simply how long it takes, but that's beyond my control.

If you remember, please stop by after the export is done and let me know the issue is resolved.

Redtarga

Post by Redtarga » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:16 pm

CMC displayed FE in the update circle, which is more than I expected. How lovely it is to see software work smoothly.

I'm forgetting the lost titles issue. I'm confident Full Export will resolve all this.

I will post after export is done. Maybe not today.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Redtarga wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:16 pm CMC displayed FE in the update circle, which is more than I expected. How lovely it is to see software work smoothly.

:D