Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] CMC fails to load bitmap during screensaver error

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

[Resolved] CMC fails to load bitmap during screensaver error

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:53 pm

Welp! It happened again. After the error occurred, I did a full sync to see if it might pop up again after a full sync. Take a look and see what you think it might be.

Efrain
cmc Screensave Bitmap error.png
cmc Screensave Bitmap error.png (37.22 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: CMC fails to load bitmap during screensaver error

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:44 pm

Take a look in C:\CMC_4.2.2021.0203\MovieCache\174 to see if fanart.jpg exists - I think it does and is most likely somehow corrupt. You should be able to tell what movie/show ID 174 belongs to.

You can force a re-export of that movie with CCC (type in the name in the text box and do a Full Export, and it will append).

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then you may need to go into My Movies and see about replacing the artwork. I've come across (and reported) bugs before where My Movies fails to convert artwork from one codec to another, and it might be that this artwork is not a JPG, and somehow got into their system without being converted to JPG.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:28 pm

I took look inside folder 174 and fanart.jpg does exist. I logged into my server and re-exported Fearless (yeah I'm a Jet Li fan. Also a Donnie Yen Fan) and had CMC do a smart sync. I was able to open the jpg and view it with windows photos before exporting, but that doesn't mean that it's not corrupted. Now I'll just have to wait and see if it displays without CMC throwing a error.

Thanks Paul!
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:12 pm

Some apps, and I believe Windows Photos is one, will still display an improperly named file. You can right click it and check the properties, the details might reveal it's a different format.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:27 pm

I had a few more pop up with two different movies for fan art and covers. I think what might be the problem is I had to reboot the htpc a few times when I was trying to get everything running. CMC would sometimes do a download of the movie cache when it started, and I had to do a reboot in the middle of it. None of the titles had this problem before the upgrade. I’m continuing to watch it. I did a full export again and then a full sync, and those two titles appear to be fine now. It’s not the end of the world. It’s just annoying. I think it will eventually sort itself out.

Pauven

Re: [Resolved] CMC fails to load bitmap during screensaver error

Post by Pauven » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:21 pm

If possible, it's best to let the JPG artwork syncing finish before exiting CMC or rebooting. Sounds like that might have been behind these recent issues.

When I first released CCC, I had low confidence in it's ability to accurately stay in sync, which is the main reason why I configured it to do a full refresh weekly. Ironically, that seems to have caused more problems than it solves, because unless that full export goes perfectly, you end up replacing a good export with a bad one. Add in the fact that the full export forces a full sync to each client, and you've doubled the opportunity for issues to creep in. And in return, the users get somewhat inconvenienced waiting on a full sync to finish, especially the artwork.

After I fixed a few export related bugs in CCC v4.1 & 4.2, I've personally changed over to only doing a full refresh monthly, and so far I've been pretty happy with it. I'm planning to make this the new default for CCC in a future version.

Next I'll probably try turning off my scheduled full export altogether. While on occasion I've seen scenarios where a full export fixes issues, I'm hopeful that I've exorcised those demons and perhaps it's no longer needed, as least not on an automatic schedule, just manually as-needed.

Teddyboy

Re: [Resolved] CMC fails to load bitmap during screensaver error

Post by Teddyboy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:55 pm

I would prefer a manual full resync as needed. I prefer CCC to CME any day. I was never a fan of metadata inside movie folders. Once I felt confident in CCC I went in and had CME delete the meta data from all the movie folders, and never looked back. In my case, I think it’s just corruption from me being impatient in getting my htpc up and running. It think it will clear with this last full sync. If not I can regenerate the the specific movies that have the problem. It appears to work fine.