Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved Itself] Error Notification

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
RKEP

[Resolved Itself] Error Notification

Post by RKEP » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:06 am

Hi Paul

I've just had a error appear which will not disapear preventing any interaction with the CMC interface. Rebooting the PC has no effect, it is still there. Any help rectifying the issue would be greatly apprieciated. (Please see attached)

On a secondary note, how is the next update going I am really eager for the reinstatement of the boxset facility across all sections and not just movies, thx

Best Regards

Richard
Attachments
Error.JPG
Error.JPG (23.67 KiB) Viewed 2202 times

RKEP

Re: Error Notification

Post by RKEP » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 am

Hi Paul

Error has suddenly stopped coming up. I have no idea what happened there!!!!????

Still very much interested in the next update progress, thx

Best Regards

Richard

Pauven

Re: Error Notification

Post by Pauven » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:44 pm

Hey Richard, hope you're doing well.

CMC uses special logic for the Box Sets. You don't set the Watched/Unwatched status for the Box Set directly, rather it is calculated based upon the Watched Status of every title inside the Box Set. This is calculated on the fly, dynamically adjusting to the current watched state of the embedded movies, and this calculation occurs on startup and any time there are updates.

I've not seen that error before, and unfortunately it's a little too vague for me to know exactly what occurred. All I know for sure is that it occurred during this calculation for one (or more) Box Sets, and it was trying to access something that exists (as opposed to address 00000000 which means it's trying to access something that doesn't exist because I forgot to "create" it before accessing it - a common programming bug I do a bit too much...).

My guess is that a data update from CCC resolved the issue, and that the issue was some underlying bad data. Since this is the first time I've seen it reported, and since it has cleared itself up, I don't think there's anything for me to do at this time. There is a tool set available that if I implement it in my code, it's supposed to make these types of error messages useful, as opposed to this vague hint of what went wrong - maybe it's time I do that. After 4 years of troubleshooting vague error messages - yeah shame on me for not having already done this.

CMC v5 is coming along well, targeting Halloween for the release. I did the classic blunder and upgraded my development tools recently and the new version changed how CMC works, so I'm spinning my wheels hunting down visual issues and working on fixes. It's always worth it in the end to be on the latest development platform, but it's never fun fixing all the breaks that result. I'm almost done with this, so I'm finally getting back to real development.

I haven't yet implemented the Box Sets for all views yet, but no worries, it is on my to-do list, should be getting to it any day now. That was one of my last changes to implement for v4.3 (which has obviously been renamed to v5).

I do have some surprises in plan for v5, so stay tuned. I hope to have Beta's available to test in about a week and a half.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Re: [Resolved Itself] Error Notification

Post by RKEP » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Hi Paul

Thx for the info. It did happen so I did a full export from the CCC GUI and all seems good again. Looking fwd to update, not actually far off then, cool!

Best Regards

Richard

Pauven

Re: [Resolved Itself] Error Notification

Post by Pauven » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:26 pm

RKEP wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:09 pm I did a full export from the CCC GUI and all seems good again.
That was going to be my first advice... :D
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter