Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Thank you for the CCC MyMovies disc validater

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

Thank you for the CCC MyMovies disc validater

Post by Jamie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:59 pm

Thank you for the MyMovies disc validater in CCC. I just noticed this today, or I forgot about it. I have noticed while Beta testing this week that MyMovies removed a number of discs from Mymovies collection Management. I will test this out to see how many Movies have been affected. I think people should at least run it once a month. Too bad you can't set it up to run monthly and send a report to the user.

i wish Brian would find and remove this bug from the collection management tool. I don't know how many times that I have thought that I had a pristine collection only to find out that it has been mucked up.

Pauven

Re: Thank you for the CCC MyMovies disc validater

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:12 pm

Hope it helps. But if the title really is gone from My Movies, the disc path validator won't help.

This tool only validates discs that are still configured in My Movies, to make sure they point to a valid path. I probably should run it now too, I haven't checked in a while.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Looks like I got one bad path. I added The Superman Motion Picture Anthology a few weeks ago, and watched Airplane! a few days ago (but added it a long time ago). How in the world My Movies decided to cojoin these file paths together, I have no idea. But easy enough to fix.

Code: Select all

There was 1 Invalid File or Folder Path:
  ----------------------------------------
    [02110]  Airplane!  (Disc 1)
             \\tower\blu-rays\superman motion picture anthology, theairplane!\airplane_ac

Hmmm..., on second glance, it looks like my Superman set is missing altogether. My mistake, it was there, just not where I was looking in the list. I'm very confused as to how this title got corrupted, as I successfully watched this movie just a few days ago, but there's no way it would play now with the disc path messed up. I added the Superman Anthology before watching Airplane! Perhaps when the watched status was updated that's when My Movies freaked out...

Pro Tip: Remember to run the export job after making corrections in My Movies.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:38 pm

Well this is fun. After correcting Airplane!, and making sure that all disc paths were valid, I decided to do a CME export. I typically do those about once a month or so, as I like to maintain my exported metadata too.

Immediately I started getting tons of path errors, all with the "superman anthology" in the disc path string. Example:

Code: Select all

Exporting Title ID 16152 - "The Deer Hunter" - Retrieving Update...
 * ID 16152 - The Deer Hunter
    Disc "Disc 1" Type="1" LocationA=smb://tower/blu-rays/superman motion picture anthology, thedeer hunter, the/deer_hunter_cen
       SAVING:  \\tower\blu-rays\superman motion picture anthology, thedeer hunter, the\deer_hunter_cen\mmTitle.xml
       [ERROR] The Disc's File Path is not accessible:  \\tower\blu-rays\superman motion picture anthology, thedeer hunter, the\deer_hunter_cen\
       SAVING:  \\tower\blu-rays\superman motion picture anthology, thedeer hunter, the\deer_hunter_cen\folder.jpg
       [ERROR] The File Path is not accessible:  \\tower\blu-rays\superman motion picture anthology, thedeer hunter, the\deer_hunter_cen\
     SKIPPING:  The requested Front Cover image does not exist in My Movies for this Title
       SAVING:  \\tower\blu-rays\superman motion picture anthology, thedeer hunter, the\deer_hunter_cen\mymovies-front.jpg
       [ERROR] The File Path is not accessible:  \\tower\blu-rays\superman motion picture anthology, thedeer hunter, the\deer_hunter_cen\
     SKIPPING:  The requested Front Cover image does not exist in My Movies for this Title
       SAVING:  \\tower\blu-rays\superman motion picture anthology, thedeer hunter, the\deer_hunter_cen\mymovies-back.jpg
     SKIPPING:  The requested Back Cover image does not exist in My Movies for this Title
       SAVING:  \\tower\blu-rays\superman motion picture anthology, thedeer hunter, the\deer_hunter_cen\fanart.jpg
     SKIPPING:  The requested Backdrop image does not exist in My Movies for this Title

I was confused at first, because I had just run the path validator and everything was perfect. I ran the validator again, still perfect.

Finally a couple realizations dawned on me. The CME export was trying to export current My Movies data, and currently it is corrupted. On the other hand, the Disc Path Validator is validating previously exported My Movies data that now resides in CCC's local DB.

So CCC's data is perfect, but My Movies is full of corruption. For me to use the disc path validator to find all the corruption, I would first have to do a Full Export in CCC, because apparently the corruption doesn't trigger a title as being changed for export. That probably means the corruption is happening behind the scenes, with some bad DB SQL.

I see 3 more movies I need to fix now, but I aborted the CME export so there could be more... fun.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:48 pm

Yes, the titles I found during testing were bad paths. I'm afraid of what I will find when I run the validater tool. It's been nearly a year since I last fixed my mymovie collection.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Oh, crap, I just realized something I had forgotten about.

For years I've mostly ripped to ISO. Recently I started ripping to folder, so I wouldn't have to deal with mounting ISO's as much.

I had forgotten that this disc path corruption bug only seems to affect movies ripped to folders, not ISO's. I've just fixed about 30 movies, still not done, and finally noticed that pattern again that these are all folder rips.

I recall now that I had noticed this before, but didn't worry about it too much since I rarely rip to folder. Now this is really causing problems.

I also have noticed what seems to trigger it: If you create a folder, then rename it, and you have folder scanning running in My Movies, then you're pretty much toast. So I'm extremely careful to never rename folders - got to get it perfect the first time. But I think I did some folder renaming on the Superman Anthology series as I changed my mind about how I wanted to organize them on my NAS. Dagnabbit!

I suppose I have a good enough understanding of the problem to open a case with Binnerup.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:52 pm

TOO late for me to check. I just ran an entire export :cry:

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:58 pm

Yes, I notice that the problem is only my dvds which I rip to folder. I rip them first than adjust the folders afterwards. I better check my Isos, Bluray and 4k discs. I adjust them too.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:33 pm

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:17 pm

I ended up having slightly over 650 titles that were corrupted. I've got them all fixed now, and my CME export ran perfectly.

I'm going to run a full export with CCC, and then run Disc Path Validator to verify I didn't miss anything.

Fingers crossed Binnerup can find and fix this, I'm sick of dealing with this bug.