Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Movies Missing in CMC

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
dvoncannon

Movies Missing in CMC

Post by dvoncannon » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:46 pm

I am experiencing an unusual problem. Occasionally after adding a movie to My Movies, doing the export and full sync, the movie does not appear in CMC. the most recent example is after adding the "Ultimate Middle Earth Collection" the individual movies that I added appear in the export log, no related errors in the sync log, but do not appear in the CMC listings. See attached export and sync logs.

The other issue I am having is that movies that have been in the listing for a long time suddenly disappear. The current example is "Sleepless in Seattle" where both copies, one DVD and on Blu-Ray, appear in the export log, no errors in the sync log but neither appear in CMC.

This happening on both of the PC's I use to play movies. an Intel NUC10 core i7 running Windows 11, and a self built HTPC on a Gigabyte motherboard, Nvidia graphics card, Core i7 processor.

What do I need to look at to resolve this?

Many thanks and Happy New Year!
Attachments
CMC Metadata Exporter.log
Export Log
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 100 times
CMC Sync Error Log.txt
Sync Log
(12.85 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

Pauven

Re: Movies Missing in CMC

Post by Pauven » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:20 pm

Happy New Year!

My first thought here is that the movies are importing with a different Media Type. So instead of showing under Movies or TV, they would show under Other. Have you checked that? Another possibility is that they are inside of a Box Set or Movie Collection, which makes it look like movies have disappeared, but really they are just bundled inside of another set. But since you are using CME, I'm guessing you don't have any Movie Collections, though the Box Set idea is still a possibility.

Also, since you are still using CME, have you considered switching over to CCC? Users that have had similar troubles syncing via CME typically get much better results with CCC.

If we need to do more troubleshooting, then I need to you enable Debug Logging in CMC, then do a Full Sync. You can then send me the sync debug log from the Logs folder. That should help me figure out what's going on.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

dvoncannon

Post by dvoncannon » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:55 pm

Thanks for your troubleshooting suggestions. I had already thought of all of those and checked them. Earlier today I found a change in MyMovies that I hoped would resolve the issue. The change I had to make was in the listing for the box set where it shows the number of disks in the set. That was blank, I changed it to 7 which is the number of disks I have coped from the collection.

Unfortunately it did not resolve the problem. Enclosed are the export log and debug sync log from today.

I intend to change to CCC when version 5 is released.
Attachments
CMC Sync Error Log.txt
Debug sync log
(12.85 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
CMC Metadata Exporter.log
Export log
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 98 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:32 am

Pauven wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:20 pm If we need to do more troubleshooting, then I need to you enable Debug Logging in CMC, then do a Full Sync. You can then send me the sync debug log from the Logs folder. That should help me figure out what's going on.
I still need this. The log files you are providing are from CME. The problem is in CMC, so I need the debug log from a full sync in CMC.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter