Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Changed in v7.0] CCC settings save button can't be seen

Chameleon CentralController (CCC) is used to export My Movies metadata directly to CMC's Movie DB, and manage User Accounts and Parental Restrictions, and tracks Watch History and WatchLists on a per-user basis.
Jamie

[Changed in v7.0] CCC settings save button can't be seen

Post by Jamie » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:58 pm

Hi Paul,

Now that I am in remote desktop the CCC settings save button gets hidden by the taskbar. I unlocked the taskbar, but the taskbar is still on top when I open the ccc settings window. I have to move the taskbar to the right. Save the ccc settings and then move the taskbar to the bottom again.

I wonder if you can set the ccc settings screen to always be? on top, or at least change the ccc screen from maximize to restore down so that there is scroll bar? See screenshots.
CCCsettingssavebuttonhidden.jpg
CCCsettingssavebuttonhidden.jpg (541.2 KiB) Viewed 5262 times
Taskbarchangedtoright.jpg
Taskbarchangedtoright.jpg (566.2 KiB) Viewed 5262 times

Pauven

Re: CCC settings save button can't be seen

Post by Pauven » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:57 pm

Hey Jamie,

This is something I've struggled with a bit. Part of the problem is that I've already shrunk the panel down as much as I can.

A couple tips that may help. When using RDP, go into full-screen mode (it looks like you are using Windowed mode), that should give you the missing real-estate. Another option is to set the resolution higher in RDP, even higher than what your PC uses, and you can scroll inside the window. Either of those should take care of the issue.

Let me know how it goes.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:39 pm

I want to change the resolution in remote desktop but it won't allow me to do it. I've tried to search the web but all the instructions I find are prior to 2021. It looks like MS changed the menus and screen options since then. I wish MS which I think is Microsh*t, at the moment, would stop changing things around with minor updates.

Can you give me the instructions you use to change the resolution in remote desktop? Also I need to change to full screen. Can you tell me how to get into and out of full screen mode too? When I go into remote desktop settings I cant find the full screen option.

I am using windows 10 pro 21H2. I also refuse to use the app in the MS store even if it's free. I click the search box beside the start button on the taskbar and type "remote desktop" to get in. I know that I can press the windows key to get in as well, but old habits are hard to break. :D

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:42 pm

Open Remote Desktop connection panel, then click Show Options at the bottom left.

image.png
image.png (33.53 KiB) Viewed 5254 times

From there go to the Display tab, and use the slider to adjust the resolution. I thought there was a way to make the resolution higher than your local display but now it seems to max out at your display's resolution (at least on my PC).

image.png
image.png (57.82 KiB) Viewed 5254 times

If you're in Windowed mode, then you should have the normal window control icons in the top right, just click the middle full screen option. When you're in full-screen mode, there's usually a blue control bar in the top center of the window.

Pauven

Re: [Changed in v7.0] CCC settings save button can't be seen

Post by Pauven » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:31 pm

Hey Jamie,

I made a tweak in CCC v7, turning off the top titlebar on the Settings screen. This made the entire Settings window 38 pixels shorter, so the bottom buttons should clear the task bar now.

image.png
image.png (420.01 KiB) Viewed 4414 times

The downside to this approach is that the window management buttons (minimize/maximize, close) are now gone, but they really weren't needed. Also gone is the ability to reposition the window - I'm a little more concerned about that, but hopefully that won't be a big deal either.

Also, in addition to the workarounds I provided earlier, something else to consider is display scaling. The settings window is only 682 pixels high (it was 720 pixels before), so even on a low 1024 x 768 display, it should easily fit.

But that's only if Windows scaling is set to 100%. If it is set higher, i.e. 150%, than that old 720 height became 1080 (probably why you had issues), and the new 682 height becomes 1043. So keep in mind that you may need to adjust the display scaling on the remote desktop, it's independent of your local desktop's display scaling.

I made the same tweak to CME as well, since it has basically the same settings window.

Please check this out in the Release Candidate that's coming out shortly. I'm a little worried that the settings window is centered vertically, so the extra 38 pixels are split top and bottom, and without the window being movable this could be a bigger issue.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:41 pm

Hi Paul,

I Finally got CCC and CMC setup. I also did the firewall setup and I haven't seen any norton alerts yet. I am running CCC right now. I logged into CCC via remote desktop and the save button looks fine and I am able to use it via remote desktop. I will try to get back to you tonight if I find any CCC or CMC errors. No news is good news!! :D

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:05 pm

Excellent!!! Thank you Jamie!!!